iPhone 4G...wow!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i'm with ya, i love it too. There's no way it'll be that thin, but that's OK.

i could also go without video chat.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I'm going to be the "Nay Sayer" and tell you that the new phone will probably look just like the 3G, and that besides an upgraded CPU and GPU, there won't be much in the way of change. We are all going to be severely disappointed when Video recording, Copy/paste, MMS, Flash, and everything else that the phone is lacking becomes very evident.

...of course, I love being proved wrong.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I also don't see a heavy cosmetic change, nor a drastic thinning happening. If anything it would be a little thicker probably. I think they will just up CPU and memory and stick on a hot camera, keeping the software compatible with previous versions.

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
To be honest, I DO NOT want it to be that thin. My sister has a iPod Touch, and it's way to thin for my liking.

I would like it to be the similarly shaped to the 3G, but a metal backing like the 1st gen.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
too thin? that really bothers you?

it's not much thinner than the new ipod touches and nanos... if at all.

Mikozee

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
I always said they needed to somehow implement a handy knife into phones! Good job Apple on implementing the first phone with the ability to shank people!

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
*sigh*.... i really wish people would stop calling it "4g"... :(
THANK YOU, 4G would refer to LTE, which when they releases the iPhone supporting it should be called the "LTE" => "Light" (pronounce). the iPhone LTE or something similar

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I hate how you have to have a Facebook account to post a comment.

I don't think most of those people know about jailbreaking...
They probably do know about it, but the list is for what Apple should have included in the software to begin with, and what they should add to match features found on generic smartphones.

Jailbreaking is a way to get many of those features, but it's unapproved and not part of the original OS programming, so stability is suspect. ( I know a lot of people here are jailbroken and "loving it", but I think there are just as many people that are or did have issues when jailbroken, and not all of them are due to user error.)

BlackMonsterBandit

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Dirty Jers
i'd like to go on record and agreeing that video chat would be awesome but i think they need to get video recording off the ground first...which (i forget who posted) said they would prob hold out video chat till 2010...which is logical...as for the design...it looks awesome, but i tend to feel that the 3G (which i have) is too small for my hands...i have a hard case on it which adds just enough to be comfortable...and i've said it before, when V1 came out, i was agaisnt the iPhone all together, had a chance to use a buddy's, and went out and got the 3G (once i got the money...haha) and im never looking back...as soon as V3 comes out ill be getting one...regardless...i love it that much...contract be damned