iPhone 4S not look as good as the iPhone 4?

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Isn't there something going around with them saying it's the glue issue "again" ? Thought I saw that posted somewhere. The old, give it time to dry completely.... Sure, okie dokie... jsut how long do you wait? LOL
Wasn't that the yellow screen issue? My screen has no yellowish tint or anything. It looks great, just prefer the 4's screen.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Search for iPhone yellow screen. This is not the first time this issue has arisen. In fact, it comes up with every single release.

Some iPhone screens are warm and some are cool. Blame it on multiple manufacturing sources. It's largely a matter of opinion whether warm or cool colors are better.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Whatever it is I'm fed up with this crap, makes me wanna throw my phone out the window.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
If everyone would just talk about the topic more and each other less and we'd have far fewer issues around here.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I wish we could just ban any user that calls another user a troll. It's getting so old. It is no one's job but the moderators' to define and handle "trolls". Use the report link and stay on topic, or else the thread will be closed.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Search for iPhone yellow screen. This is not the first time this issue has arisen. In fact, it comes up with every single release.

Some iPhone screens are warm and some are cool. Blame it on multiple manufacturing sources. It's largely a matter of opinion whether warm or cool colors are better.
that is what my pic shows my 4 is the worst out of the 3 and IMO the 3GS is brightest I have no yellow on my 4 s

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Sorry for getting *off topic* here but it does appear to me that a few users (it's the same ones over, and over, and over again) ruin the forum experience for many here... Why this is allowed I have no clue...

My .02

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I wish we could just ban any user that calls another user a troll. It's getting so old. It is no one's job but the moderators' to define and handle "trolls". Use the report link and stay on topic, or else the thread will be closed.
I think I'm correct...

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted".

If anyone should be banned its Kyle.

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
I agree that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Some like the "warmer" colors, come like the "crisper" colors. Just depends on what you, as an individual prefer.

I have a 4 and a 4s here in the house that are a week apart in age. The 4 is actually more "yellow" than the 4s but the text on the 4 is noticeably clearer when viewed side by side.

I also agree that this "let the glue dry" is getting old. Seems like something to say just to get us to shut up for a while and hope we kind of forget about it.

Calling someone a troll just because he/she makes a statement that they don't like the colors, or that they don't like the way Apple does something is just childish. I have been on the receiving end of that one. This forum is one of the worst I have seen for letting that fly and sometime even the mods join in. You are either a ibasher or a troll if you say anything that could even remotely be construed as a negative comment about Apple...even "I noticed my screen is a little more yellow than my other phone and I liked the other one better." Forums are places of opinions and there are many opinions in this world. Not everyone is going to agree with you. If their opinion is based on incorrect information, then show them the right information. Sometimes this is possible, sometimes not. Sometimes opinions are based on how someone feels, or how they intemperate their own needs or desires or expectations. Your needs may be different, but that doesn't make their needs wrong. Many people expected more from the 4S and were disappointed when it came out. These people voiced their displeasure and were crucified on here.