iPhone 4S not look as good as the iPhone 4?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I agree that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Some like the "warmer" colors, come like the "crisper" colors. Just depends on what you, as an individual prefer.

I have a 4 and a 4s here in the house that are a week apart in age. The 4 is actually more "yellow" than the 4s but the text on the 4 is noticeably clearer when viewed side by side.

I also agree that this "let the glue dry" is getting old. Seems like something to say just to get us to shut up for a while and hope we kind of forget about it.

Calling someone a troll just because he/she makes a statement that they don't like the colors, or that they don't like the way Apple does something is just childish. I have been on the receiving end of that one. This forum is one of the worst I have seen for letting that fly and sometime even the mods join in. You are either a ibasher or a troll if you say anything that could even remotely be construed as a negative comment about Apple...even "I noticed my screen is a little more yellow than my other phone and I liked the other one better." Forums are places of opinions and there are many opinions in this world. Not everyone is going to agree with you. If their opinion is based on incorrect information, then show them the right information. Sometimes this is possible, sometimes not. Sometimes opinions are based on how someone feels, or how they intemperate their own needs or desires or expectations. Your needs may be different, but that doesn't make their needs wrong. Many people expected more from the 4S and were disappointed when it came out. These people voiced their displeasure and were crucified on here.
I don't buy into the glue theory, either. My 4S screen looks exactly the same as it did two weeks ago. There is a big difference between it and the screen my iPhone 4, but I don't notice it unless I do a side-by-side comparison and it doesn't bother me.

We don't want to stifle discussion. There is nothing wrong with Android vs. Apple discourse and debate. We have several members here who make it no secret that they dislike Apple's businesss practices and the locked-devices they make. However, the ones who debate in a mature and fair manner and avoid name-calling and judging characters generally don't run into problems. We step in when someone crosses that line and starts attacking people. Some people establish a reputation for this type of behavior and end up having ongoing problems as a result of things they have said in the past.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I'd welcome someone semi-multi-platform that leans Apple's way on the Droid forums but while I've seen people infer such positions, I've not actually run across much in the way of platform discussions there.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
I still think that the iPhone 4's from iDay 2010 had the brightest screen. Mine 4 from iDay has a nice bright screen, while my wife's 4 (purchased in November 2010) definitely a yellowish, warmer hue. I tried several times to get it replaced a brighter screen, but all of the units Apple had were the same yellow hue screen...
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/yellow-screen.62561/

Last edited by a moderator:

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Samsung makes these screens or LG? Maybe a conspiracy to reduce yet remain within the contract spec ;)

Long term how does it work when your supplier would likely benefit more by having you falter versus supporting your success?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think Apple sources their screens from multiple OEMs and there will be differences.

Me and the wife are still on the 4. I just checked and hers is cool, mine is warm. Mine looks much better and brighter on some screens and on others her looks much better. So there ya go.