iPhone 4S vs. Galaxy Nexus?

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
if it was perfect the 1st time why would they need to make a 2nd 3rd 4th etc... it seems the word "perfect" is thrown around a bit too much nowadays. either that or your definition of perfect is different than mine;)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
With that logic then why isn't the 4s called the 5? Or the 5G4s or something.
Because Apple chose to give it another name. The fact that is it not called the iPhone 5 does not mean it is not the fifth iPhone model. They can call it whatever they want.

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
Because Apple chose to give it another name. The fact that is it not called the iPhone 5 does not mean it is not the fifth iPhone model. They can call it whatever they want.
What's your point? I called it 5 because that comes after 4. You called it 6 because it's technically the 6th one. But it doesn't even have an official name yet. Like you said, they could call it whatever they want. I just bet they call it the 5.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
What's your point? I called it 5 because that comes after 4. You called it 6 because it's technically the 6th one. But it doesn't even have an official name yet. Like you said, they could call it whatever they want. I just bet they call it the 5.
My point is that I think it's unlikely that they would call the sixth iPhone the fifth iPhone. This is just my opinion. I have no idea what they will call it, but I'd place my bet on iPhone 6 if I had to take a guess.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
If only one guess, I'll go with iPhone LTE.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
My point is that I think it's unlikely that they would call the sixth iPhone the fifth iPhone. This is just my opinion. I have no idea what they will call it, but I'd place my bet on iPhone 6 if I had to take a guess.
Why is it unlikely that they call the 6th the 5 but it makes sense that they called the 5th the 4s? They have already shown they don't name based on generation.

Dosen't really matter.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Why is it unlikely that they call the 6th the 5 but it makes sense that they called the 5th the 4s? They have already shown they don't name based on generation.

Dosen't really matter.
The iPhone 4 is named after its generation. 4S makes sense because it looks like the 4.

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
Not that it really matters but if the 4 was the only one named for the generation....out of all the iPohone models...how does it make sense that the next one would skip the 5 designation and jump to 6 when in the past they have shown they don't do that? I mean just based on statistics, it wouldn't be named after the generation of the phone.

Chex

Dec 17, 2008
PA
Don't be to disappointed in that graphics chip ICS is coded to take advantage of it.

Sent from my iPhone 10S-teve
"Here's to the Crazy Ones"

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Not that it really matters but if the 4 was the only one named for the generation....out of all the iPohone models...how does it make sense that the next one would skip the 5 designation and jump to 6 when in the past they have shown they don't do that? I mean just based on statistics, it wouldn't be named after the generation of the phone.
The 3G was named after the 3G cellular network. The 3GS looked like the 3G iPhone, ran on the 3G network and was named after those two things + speed. The iPhone 4 was named after its phone generation. The 4S looks like the 4, so it's named after the 4 + speed. What Apple has never done is name a phone for its model number and use an incorrect number. All I am saying is that I think it will be called the iPhone 6 or something else (but not iPhone 5).

Again, I do not know what it will be called. It may be called the iPhone 5. That name just doesn't make any sense to me. There is logic behind Apple's naming scheme so I think they'll go with something else.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Jeez, I feel like I just flunked a power of persuasion test. Am I the only one who thinks Apple would have to be crazy to call next fall's iPhone the iPhone 5?