iPhone 5 Exclusive on Sprint Only?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I know. I was talking about him and his comment guaranteeing he's leaving. Why? Forget about the Mod part but you have a fully functioning iPhone 4 on the network you like and if this rumor turns out to be true just because you can't get the iPhone 5 you're GUARANTEEING you're switching to an Android? that doesn't make sense to me.
It would mean switching carriers or sticking with old technology. I think it's extrodinarily unlikely to happen, but many people will refuse to update if the screen isn't bigger so switching to Android because the iPhone you want isn't available through your carrier isn't that preposterous.

Again, I think a Sprint-only iPhone 5 is extremely unlikely.

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
That said, are not nearly every ATT iPhone 4 owner in the same overall boat - you won't be eligible (I know they waive it to some extent), but most won't be eligible for another 3 months anyway
Not really. I have been eligible for an upgrade for a couple months. If not more.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Oh and about the power, of course there's lots of power. The Mods can stop a thread or even ban someone for what their subjective interpretation of a rule is. I'm not saying Napoleon or Europa have done it I'm saying they can and lets be honest here, it has happened in the past.
We try to be fair and objective. Let's move on here, okay?

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
It would mean switching carriers or sticking with old technology. I think it's extrodinarily unlikely to happen, but many people will refuse to update if the screen isn't bigger so switching to Android because the iPhone you want isn't available through your carrier isn't that preposterous.

Again, I think a Sprint-only iPhone 5 is extremely unlikely.
We'll see pretty soon. Hope we don't lose Naps to Android over this. I thought he was happy with his iPhone 4.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
But OS5 will come out for his iPhone 4 so it wouldn't be old technology. Besides it's still way better than any other phone out there. It's not Apple's fault they came out with a great design and that even though there are others coming out years after their product that theirs is old technology.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's almost 16 months old. Technology moves fast in the cell phone world.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
I know but even at 16 months old it's still better than anything that came out after it. That's my point. Just because it's been around for over a year since there's nothing better then why switch to something that isn't better (Android) just because it came out recently? I still can't grasp how that is good?

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
My .02 is that I waited patiently on VZW for years for the iPhone to arrive and when it did I ordered it immediately and at full price (yes maybe that was a little stupid of me). I now have a upgrade burning a hole in my pocket and if the new phone is a Sprint exclusive I will absolutely go right back to Android to take advantage of LTE now.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
My .02 is that I waited patiently on VZW for years for the iPhone to arrive and when it did I ordered it immediately and at full price (yes maybe that was a little stupid of me). I now have a upgrade burning a hole in my pocket and if the new phone is a Sprint exclusive I will absolutely go right back to Android to take advantage of LTE now.
Does the town where you currently use your phone have LTE already working? Is it faster than what you were using currently on your Verizon iPhone?

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
Does the town where you currently use your phone have LTE already working? Is it faster than what you were using currently on your Verizon iPhone?
Yes absolutely! I typically hit between 2.3mbps down and .6mbps t0 1.0mbps up on 3G...My brother's Thunderbolt hits 18mbps to 20mbps down and also up! There is no comparison!

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
Did you see the specs for the iPhone4s? They just said it's the same speed as the EVO and Droid or whatever those other ones are so you'll be able to stay with iPhone if you want.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Which one? That Sprint was going to be the only carrier or that Sprint was going to get the iPhone? Everything was rumor until today.
That Sprint wouldn't get the iPhone 5 exclusive while everybody else got a 4s.