iPhone 5 Specs

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
What do you think it will have? If I had to wager on the specs of the iPhone 5, I'd say it'll have a better front facing camera. A faster processor wouldn't surprise me either.

Irish Rose

Zealot
Sep 6, 2010
First, and foremost is that it will be a 4G device. I think the iPhone 5 is going to have a 1.2 GHz dual core processor as others have speculated. Will also change to a higher storage of 64 Gb instead of the 32 Gb. Lastly, I believe the camera will be bumped up to 8MP, with the capability of recording full HD videos (720p).

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
8MP? I highly doubt it. An A5 chipset would be a nice addition. And hopefully something done about the antenna issue.
I agree, 8MP is too much for a phone.

I would like to see an improved antenna design, getting annoyed with dropped calls in low signal areas. I would also like to see a slightly larger screen. The battery is fine on my current iPhone 4, but if they could improve that, then I'd be even happier.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
8MP? I highly doubt it. An A5 chipset would be a nice addition. And hopefully something done about the antenna issue.
I doubt it too, I think they'll go higher.;):D

In all seriousness, I think tpit will have same resolution, 6MP camera, 4G, dual-core A5 processor and a better face time camera, with 4G FaceTime capabilities.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
A5 Chipset for sure and I think a storage bump (my 32 is almost full). I would hope a higher resolution rear camera as I use my iPhone as my camera a lot. One device to carry and always have it. I realize it is not going to replace a digital camera, but I do use it a lot. I was surprised that they went with the curved back on the iPad 2 when the earlier iPhones had that curved back and then they went with the square with the iPhone 4 (ipad 1 had that too). So will the iPhone 5 have a redesigned case like the ipad 2?

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
A5 SoC with PowerVR SGX 543MP2
1gb RAM
Rear video camera that is capable of 60fps in 720p
720p front camera with 5mp stills
Improved optics and sensors
Larger retina display
Magic Mouse technology on the back.
Improved speaker
Improved antenna
Slimmer design
lighter
Longer battery life
64gb storage

jackkkattackkk

Mar 10, 2011
I don't care about megapixels. Just give me good optics. Look at the eight megapixel cameras on the Android phones. Just slapped in there so they could hype it.
This. Exactly. I had an Evo, which IIRC is an 8mp, and the pictures it took were horrendous.

A5 SoC with PowerVR SGX 543MP2
1gb RAM
Rear video camera that is capable of 60fps in 720p
720p front camera with 5mp stills
Improved optics and sensors
Larger retina display
Magic Mouse technology on the back.
Improved speaker
Improved antenna
Slimmer design
lighter
Longer battery life
64gb storage
Uhh... What? lol

Anyway, I agree with possibly having a better front facing camera. I could care less because I never use it, but many people do and it is pretty low quality at the moment. I also think it will get the dual core A5, and better graphics chipset (or whatever it is iPhone uses for games). And hopefully they'll come out with some new battery technology and implement that, cause I'd sure like to be able to get 8-10 hours of heavy use. Right now I'm lucky to get 5-6.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Dual-core A5 CPU
Slightly larger screen (3.7")
1GB memory
64GB storage available
Slightly redesigned case with plastic back
Improved cameras

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
My fingers are already back there when I hold it. Why would I want to put something between the display and my line of sight when i don't have to? It's just convenience.

monkeysrock0622

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Dual-core A5 processor
HD (720p) FaceTime camera
Improved optics for rear facing camera
Larger Screen...probably 3.7" with slight possibility of 4"
Longer lasting battery
64GB
Thinner/lighter
Improved antenna design
Updated design (No glass back)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
My fingers are already back there when I hold it. Why would I want to put something between the display and my line of sight when i don't have to? It's just convenience.
The concept is intriguing to me every time it comes up, yet I have a hard time imagining it being overly useful without a see-through LCD. Sure, you can get a general sense of where you're going to tap back there from intuition over time, but the accuracy will always be less than tapping directly on your target. Do you envision using the phone entirely this way or only for certain functions?

monkeysrock0622

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
The concept is intriguing to me every time it comes up, yet I have a hard time imagining it being overly useful without a see-through LCD. Sure, you can get a general sense of where you're going to tap back there from intuition over time, but the accuracy will always be less than tapping directly on your target. Do you envision using the phone entirely this way or only for certain functions?
I would think like scrolling, maybe zooming, gestures (back to the no home button rumors), gaming

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Monkeysrocks got it. Not to be used for links, launching apps, etc.