iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I was disappointed with the color choices on the Apple cases. But the case itself is very nice.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
When I got into the Apple Store, Verizon had only got one 64GB Plus and it sold fast. There was limited quantity on the Plus but not on the 6.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
After playing with my 6 for a bit, I am very glad I didn't get the 6+. The 6 is already awkward enough.

Reactions: Zzz

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I actually pre-ordered the 6+ and then saw some videos with how big it really it. Fortunately, AT&T Premier is pretty horrible about answering their calls, so after 45 minutes of waiting I decided not to cancel the pre-order after all. I am glad I did not switch to the iPhone 6, as I am now really looking forward to the 6+.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
OK, on a whim in the final hours of contemplation, I went with the 6 PLUS. This may allow me to dispense with the iPad Mini with Retina display. If so, this makes for quite a launch for my wife, who has already inherited my iPhone 5S today -- her first smartphone. She may end up with an iPad Mini Retina by the end of next week.

Reactions: Richee75

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I went to Apple, Best Buy and Simply Mac yesterday and asked a rep at each if they will have any of iPhone 6 Plus. Best Buy said no. Simply Mac and Apple both said they would have a very limited amount. It will probably be like the gold iPhone last year and each store will get a few that will go to the first two people in line.

I've been looking everywhere for a purple case for my Space Grey iPhone 6 and Simply Mac had one but it added too much bulk. Every millimeter counts when you're trying to maintain single-handed usage on a 4.7". I got my black Apple leather case yesterday and it's minimalistic, which is nice.
Now that you actually have a phablet are they really as bad as you claimed them to be all these years?.
Just looking for your honest take on them now that you actually own one.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Now that you actually have a phablet are they really as bad as you claimed them to be all these years?.
Just looking for your honest take on them now that you actually own one.
I'm not getting a Plus. I preordered a 4.7" iPhone 6, but UPS hasn't delivered it yet. I know I'll lose some one-handed usability, but I'm not going to stay on old technology just so I can keep a small screen. I'll just go with the smallest one Apple offers. I would have gone with a 4" this year if they offered three sizes. I'm really hoping Reachabilty helps the 4.7" to be little less awkward and easier to get used to.

I did a simulated test run with a 6 Plus case the other day and couldn't reach half the screen with my right thumb while I held it with my right hand. It was pretty much impossible to use single-handed, which is how I currently use my iPhone 90% of the time. The Plus is not for me, but I'm glad they made it since a lot of people wanted it.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Trust me when i say your body/hand will adapt do the bigger size. i have always said the only up side to a smaller phone is the size, but that's it. After that the bigger phone is just better in everything you do and worth it's bigger size. now this doesn't mean to go out and get the biggest phone they make.

Reactions: Europa

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I can see that. for now I'm getting used to the 4.7", but if it grows on me easily, maybe next year I'll think about getting a Plus.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I am happy that I did not get the Plus. This 4.7" screen is plenty big. Of course, I may change my mind when I get a chance to hold a Plus.

Reactions: Zzz

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Interesting to see reactions to the iPhone 6 Plus. My mother-in-law, who owns a gold iPhone 5s, was all about the iPhone 6 Plus. It was a no-contest. When she upgrades, she won't even think twice about it. Her friends have Galaxy Notes. I found it interesting.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I was strongly opposed to the 6 Plus and vowed I would only buy the 4.7 inch. I changed my mind and ended up buying the 6 Plus. I don't find it at all that uncomfortable. Sure it isn't as compact and easy to hold as the regular 6, but I never planned on using it one-handed. I'm a small person too, and coming from the 4S with a 3.5 inch screen. The HD Retina really shines on this Plus, and I do love the dual panes. The thinness is what makes it manageable for me.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
I'm liking my plus. Still going to check out the regular 6 tomorrow while i get a temporary case till my Apple leather one comes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iPhoneFan10

Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
I purchased the iPhone 6 (128GB).

In two words: LOVE IT!

The 6 Plus was just too big for my preference (it is a telephone, after all). After holding an iPhone 6 Plus at my local Best Buy earlier this evening, I absolutely know I made the right choice. The 6 has a GREAT screen size and is perfect for my hand size.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
I'm liking my plus. Still going to check out the regular 6 tomorrow while i get a temporary case till my Apple leather one comes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
Ok so I got to the att store early Friday morning there was already a few people camped out and I was offered a 6+ however the other model I could choose from would have been the 6+ 128GB silver model which I wasn't to fond of so I hangout with my buddy for a few minutes and he pulled out a plus from his pocket with a slim bumper case on it and I just couldn't believe the size it was HUGE!!! so I said to him do you guys have any of the regular 6s and he said of course so I said let me get a 64GB space gray which is what I ended up purchasing and even the 4.7 is big however he did say they will get more in within the next few days and that if I change my mind I could come in and switch it out so I will see how it goes.

Sassytallsista

Contributor
Bronze
May 22, 2010
Texas
OK, on a whim in the final hours of contemplation, I went with the 6 PLUS. This may allow me to dispense with the iPad Mini with Retina display. If so, this makes for quite a launch for my wife, who has already inherited my iPhone 5S today -- her first smartphone. She may end up with an iPad Mini Retina by the end of next week.

I brought the 6+ to replace my mini, and I find it to be the perfect size for computing. I still use my 5s as my primary device, although switching back & forth makes 5s seem too small & heavy. But I can't seem to warm up to the 6+ as a phone

Sent using iCafe app