iPhone 6: OtterBox Defender vs. LifeProof fre

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I have the OtterBox Defender. I like it but it is bulky. I like that the screen protector is flush with the screen. No air gap unlike the iPhone 5 LifeProof fre. Has the fre for the iPhone 6 gotten better regarding the air gap? Which case is better?

I'm also looking at the Dog and Bone Wetsuit which is like the LifeProof nüüd and even can get a screen protector.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Reviews on the Dog and Bone are mixed, the major disadvantage is the touch ID and swiping up is nearly impossible. I wish LifeProof would release the nuud case for the iPhone 6, as they have for the new iPad. I'm going to an AT&T store to see if they have a fre case and if I get my FAN discount on it. It's worth a try. Wish I could get the D&B case somewhere and try it out.

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
I dislike dog and bone..
Love the defender
Dog and bone is one I would get if I was serious about underwater Iphone use.
Love the defender I say keep the defender lol

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
I'm using tempered glass and any case I want!
I love cases so I mix em up... Right now using incipio dual pro.
Few days ago the Trentoniom type case no tempered glass it has a flush screen protector on it... I change cases like clothes like to match my nails lok

Reactions: EverythingApple

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I'm using tempered glass and any case I want!
I love cases so I mix em up... Right now using incipio dual pro.
Few days ago the Trentoniom type case no tempered glass it has a flush screen protector on it... I change cases like clothes like to match my nails lok
I like the new trentium: http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-Full-Body-Shockproof-Interchangeable/dp/B00MXDZFFM

And, they have a clear one too: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MXEJ8UO/ref=pd_aw_sims_2?pi=AC_SY230_QL60

Reactions: Rgn

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I have only ever used the Otterbox so I cannot compare it to other cases. This much I do know however, when the iPhone 7 comes out I will be able to sell my 6 for a premium because it will be nearly pristine because of the Otterbox. It just works.