iPhone 6 Plus Cases Discussion

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I was practicing using my lightbox and softbox to take product pictures and took this one of my iPhone 6+ Speck Candyshell Grip case on my iPhone 6+. I elevated the phone on a tall box in the lightbox and used Aperture to remove the box. Makes the phone look like it is "floating in the air". I am very pleased with the picture of my iPhone with my case :)

View attachment 40024
Nice Job! It looks really professional. I wouldn't think all that work would have gone into making this picture.

I'm not a professional and for me to get this effect, I would get a black cloth and plunk down my phone case and say wallah, this is going to look good!:D Take the picture and O_o it wouldn't look anything close to that. Messed up lighting, a wrinkly cloth showing all kinds of shadows, just discovered dust and crooked case placement. :unsure:Disappointment, heartbreak, despair and finally the realization that things aren't as easy to create as they appear. Delete terrible pic:(. Hire @Apple4me.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
I'm a little late but I just got the 6 plus last month and need a case. I want something that is protective but not bulky like the defender. I would like something that shows off the phone also. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks!

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Yesterday, I happened upon a fellow who does case tests, on his own dime, via YouTube. I'm thinking about the 6S+ and found this guy; MobileReviewsEh ... He's Canadian ... eh. So far, I watched tests of the Griffin Survivor Core, the Ballistic Urbanite, and Thule Armos X4. Have a look, you might something worth considering.
YMMV

GolfnCPA

Sep 19, 2012
I'm a little late but I just got the 6 plus last month and need a case. I want something that is protective but not bulky like the defender. I would like something that shows off the phone also. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks!
Still really like the UAG based upon your criteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
The ones I've seen on YT go all the way around and this one doesn't. I've never had a tech 21 case so I'm not sure it's fake but it seems to be as far as I can tell from looking at others. I could be wrong though.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
Not sure how the white sport mesh case works. I have the classic case but am attaching some pics of mine. I purchased mine through Best Buy Mobile at one of the local malls.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1441811656.882860.jpg
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1441811674.206561.jpg
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1441811685.574573.jpg

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
Thank you. It says mine is the Evo mesh. I've been trying to find pictures of real ones online to compare. It shipped from China so that makes it seem sketchy also. I think I will order one from Best Buy to be sure.

Reactions: ednygma

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
You can order directly from Tech 21 also. I would check prices and see if it is cheaper through Best Buy or through Tech 21. I also see that Tech 21 has a lot more options available via their site than Best Buy did so personally I would go that route. I was not even aware of Tech 21 until I went to the Best Buy store. Now I love them. Good luck :)

Thank you. It says mine is the Evo mesh. I've been trying to find pictures of real ones online to compare. It shipped from China so that makes it seem sketchy also. I think I will order one from Best Buy to be sure.

BassFishing1

Nov 1, 2012
I actually don't have a iPhone 6+. Have not had it since last October. Had it 10 days and decided it was too big, took it back to my local Apple Store
and got the iPhone 6 and very pleased with it. I have had a SupCase Unicorn Beetle on my phone the entire time. Got it on Amazon for about $18.00, has worked well. Actually I just purchased a EasyLife case (very very familiar to a LifeProof). Had a Lifeproof for about 2 days and rainbow spots were all over it, even after cleaning it, returned it to Best Buy. So far with the EasyLife (Water Proof, Shock Proof, Snow Proof, Dirt Proof) case I am impressed. Bought on
Amazon for $24.99 and free shipping.