iPhone 6 Plus Cases Discussion

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Picked this up today from Best Buy after I got my pre order 6+ from Sprint.

Nice material, reversible black/lime green w/magnetic closures.

Sure there will be something nicer along soon, but it is not bad for 20 bucks. I don't have the sack to rock this naked yet....

6+A.jpg
6+B.jpg

Last edited:

sticko

Sep 18, 2014
So this may have been posted, but I can't seem to find it. I am looking for an iPhone 6 Plus case that basically protects it against everything. They have yet to notify me when the iPhone 6/6P Lifeproof cases will become available. I have seen in the reviews that these phones are prone to scratches and dents.

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I will be ordering the Speck Candyshell Grip case as soon as it is available. For now, I have a simple Spigen case, but really like the idea of having some grip on my iPhone 6+, given its size.

darkpoet25

Bronze
Dec 20, 2008
Indianapolis
Picked this up today from Best Buy after I got my pre order 6+ from Sprint.

Nice material, reversible black/lime green w/magnetic closures.

Sure there will be something nicer along soon, but it is not bad for 20 bucks. I don't have the sack to rock this naked yet....

View attachment 38412 View attachment 38413
How is the screen protector? Is it a dry or wet application? I've seen their products get good reviews. Nice looking case too by the way.

Reactions: snowtrooper1966

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
So this may have been posted, but I can't seem to find it. I am looking for an iPhone 6 Plus case that basically protects it against everything. They have yet to notify me when the iPhone 6/6P Lifeproof cases will become available. I have seen in the reviews that these phones are prone to scratches and dents.
Att here in Abq had pelican voyager cases for the plus. Kinda like the otterbox. I picked one up yesterday along with bodyguardz glass screen protector

sticko

Sep 18, 2014
They can't have a case that barely fits since their claim to fame is they are 'life proof'.
They'd need to go through testing to ensure it did the job they want before it can come out, which is going to take a little bit longer than a case which only needs to just hang onto the back of the phone.

sticko

Sep 18, 2014
I hope you have a website to put that review in because you put the whole thing here people will hate your ass big time.

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
I picked up the blue Speck Grip case at Best Buy today......it fits super tight but I love it!

Sent using iCafe app
That's the one I wanted! I see a purple white candyshell on their website that I have my eye on.

sticko

Sep 18, 2014
I plan to compare with Android devices as well, and review Apple's intentions of getting people to switch

Sassytallsista

Contributor
Bronze
May 22, 2010
Texas
All of the 6+ cases on Spigen's website appear to be back ordered or "coming soon"

Sent using iCafe app

Last edited:

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
O M G! :( I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for my absolute favorite case makers to get some cases out for my precious iPhone 6+ but unfortunately they appear to have been stumped by Apple's new releases.

Incase has nothing :eek: Now I'm shocked that these guys don't even have at least a picture on their website of the Sliders to come for the 6 and the 6+. They are usually on the ball and come out with amazing designs in the Slider cases. They also offer amazing and creative Silicone cases. This time, nothing. I am stunned that they have nothing. On Twitter they keep saying make sure we have your email address so you can be alerted to new information on upcoming cases. They all actually say this, but it's going on two weeks now since the 6 and 6+ have been launched and they should have had something for us to at least see by now. Oh dag on it! I'm in the fetal position in the corner rocking back and forth! This blows! Where are my Slider cases!!?!?! If history is any indicator of how I've been with cases, by now I would have had at least ten Sliders, but I have nothing!

iSkin has nothing :sick: - Their Silicone cases are awesome. Each iPhone iteration I got this case from them in the three or four colors they would offer it in. I expected to at least see what they were going to offer if they didn't have them in stock yet, but nooooo, they don't even have a prototype. BOOOO! It's a protective, strong silicone case and a great alternative for when I don't use the Incase Sliders.

Mophie has nothing :( - I need my portable charging case from them. It has been a tradition for me. I always get their charging case for my iPhones and the size of the 6+ wasn't going to deter me from getting another. I suppose this is a challenge for them too. Mophie's history has been that they would take a while to perfect their charging cases before they came out so I expect this of them, but it's just frustrating. :confused:

O M G!:mad:

So I'm buying the Apple Silicone cases and I may get an Apple Leather case or two but I won't be happy until my tried and proven cases mentioned above come out.:mad:

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
The Otterbox cases for the iPhone 6 Plus are now available.
http://bit.ly/1qSgkg3

Defender
View attachment 38805

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
I called Otterbox, and they are not yet available! She had no idea why I got that email. I think it is the email that will be sent out when the 6 Plus cases are available. :rolleyes:

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
With otterboxs track record defender cases might and I stress might be out by Christmas.

They really screwed the pooch on the armor case. Seems like it took a year to come out for the 5

I love their cases but they suck at getting them out for new phones

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
With otterboxs track record defender cases might and I stress might be out by Christmas.

They really screwed the pooch on the armor case. Seems like it took a year to come out for the 5

I love their cases but they suck at getting them out for new phones
I saw a friend of mines iPhone 6 with the otterbox defender on it and it's still somewhat bulky so I'm opting out now.