iPhone 6 Plus Cases Discussion

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
Currently using this, was the only thing available @ sprint store when I gave my wallet style to the Mrs:

View attachment 38901 View attachment 38902

Like it more than I did at first. About 1/8 inch thick, slightly rubberized. Enough to give it grip and protection, but not so much to hinder sliding it out of pocket.
I currently have this Ballast case and it's working fine with a Zagg Glass. I'm currently thinking about ordering one of these two:
http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Scratch-Resistant-i-Blason-Series/dp/B00M0RXI9G/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A209HAH4Z0MGU9

http://www.elementcase.com/Soft-Tec-Case-for-iPhone-6-p/emt-0007-x000.htm

Of course the cheaper one sounds good but I like the style of the Soft-Tec.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
I currently have this Ballast case and it's working fine with a Zagg Glass. I'm currently thinking about ordering one of these two:
http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Scratch-Resistant-i-Blason-Series/dp/B00M0RXI9G/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A209HAH4Z0MGU9

I have the one from Amazon on my 6+ now and I actually really like it. It replaced my apple case and I'm into this one way more.

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
I didn't realize when I was posting this that it's a 6+ thread. (oops) I really like the Soft-Tec one because I had a custom Vaja leather flip case for my 3G (back in the day and it was awesome). I really like the simplicity of the one from Amazon and for all my other iPhones I've found simple usually works best. I have the Soft-Tec in my cart now and am about to press "check-out" I like having my finger on the trigger way too much :)

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey

I like the first one. What's the Ballast case? I had a spigen case with a clear back on my 5. I loved it. Can't find a similar one for the 6. It was three pieces, the back and bottom and top bumper that snapped together.

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
I like the first one. What's the Ballast case? I had a spigen case with a clear back on my 5. I loved it. Can't find a similar one for the 6. It was three pieces, the back and bottom and top bumper that snapped together.
The ballast case is this one that SnowTrooper has : View attachment 38901 View attachment 38902

I just ordered the Soft-Tec one. I think I'm gonna order the Amazon one as well. (can't have too many cases... or can you)?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
You can have too many expensive ones. :)
This may be true.:cautious: I have too many expensive cases right now for my 6+. I'm just going through withdrawal because my favorite case makers have given me zilch!!! I'm seriously Jonesing right now for an Incase case for my 6+ but they've got nutting'! My other favorite case makers have nutting either! :(:sick:(n):sick::(:mad: So I went full monty on the Apple cases. :sick:

Reactions: Tattooed Alex

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
This may be true.:cautious: I have too many expensive cases right now for my 6+. I'm just going through withdrawal because my favorite case makers have given me zilch!!! I'm seriously Jonesing right now for an Incase case for my 6+ but they've got nutting'! My other favorite case makers have nutting either! :(:sick:(n):sick::(:mad: So I went full monty on the Apple cases. :sick:
I haven't seen an Apple case that's full body and clear. That's what I want. I found one on eBay but it looks like it puts a lift on the home button which would cause it to be hard to use touch id or press button period.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
I haven't seen an Apple case that's full body and clear. That's what I want. I found one on eBay but it looks like it puts a lift on the home button which would cause it to be hard to use touch id or press button period.
Apple will never make a case like that. It might be mice if they did, but I don't think that's on their radar.

A guy I work with has that Ballast case from Amazon in clear and it looks good. He goes to the gym and he said the case gets steamy and wet inside. That's because of all the moisture in the air. He hates that so much. The Ballast cases look nice in the colors. The clear is nice too.

Don't get that one from eBay, that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
Apple will never make a case like that. It might be mice if they did, but I don't think that's on their radar.

A guy I work with has that Ballast case from Amazon in clear and it looks good. He goes to the gym and he said the case gets steamy and wet inside. That's because of all the moisture in the air. He hates that so much. The Ballast cases look nice in the colors. The clear is nice too.

Don't get that one from eBay, that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
For every iPhone I've gotten the otterbox defender but this time not because more expensive and I was getting tired of the bulkiness.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
For every iPhone I've gotten the otterbox defender but this time not because more expensive and I was getting tired of the bulkiness.
Oh yes, you would be running into some serious bulk using that thing. However, if that doesn't bother a person, the Otterbox defender is the best thing for safety out there. A friend of mine is getting their 6+ in December and I'm going to gift them an Otterbox as they use it on all their iPhones so this will be a great gift. My husband uses the Otterbox Defender and would get it for the 6+ but because of the size of the 6+ he's not interested and has opted for the 6 instead.

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
I think if I worked in a industry other than computer networks, I might be inclined to lug around an Otterbox case but I've never wanted something that big and bulky on ANY of my phones. The most bulky case I've bought is the Verizon belt clip style for my S4. That does get beat around a little more than my iPhone.
Mostly the iPhone sits in one of my pants or coat pockets. The less bulk on it the better. I've never broken a screen or damaged my phones. (knock on wood). I can't even imagine something like an otter box on the 6+. It seems like you're getting into the area of carrying a laptop instead of a phone there.

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
Currently using this, was the only thing available @ sprint store when I gave my wallet style to the Mrs:

View attachment 38901 View attachment 38902

Like it more than I did at first. About 1/8 inch thick, slightly rubberized. Enough to give it grip and protection, but not so much to hinder sliding it out of pocket.
But really looking toward to one of these Element Ronin bumpers:

View attachment 38906

View attachment 38905

Weird. This is the post I got the links from and they come up fine for me. Anyway, here's what the Ballistic looks like.

GolfnCPA

Sep 19, 2012
Alternate between Incipio Dual Pro and UAG Maverick. Both are excellent cases. Favor the UAG.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
This is weird. @chris please help. I'm using the app on an iPhone 6 running 8.1 and when I click the attachment it goes to a thread.
The thread it goes to should be a couple pages back here. It's Snowtroopers post. I don't know what to tell you since I'm using Safari to browse here and it works fine. Does anyone else see the pics that snow trooper posted here?