iPhone 6s iPhone 6s & 6s Plus Pre-order and Tracking

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
Oh You guys crack me up!!!:ROFLMAO: :D :ROFLMAO:

I was thinking this today at work but i figured it was a little childish of me. :rolleyes: I need to hang in there. Time will pass quickly enough. LOL!! So I got myself together until I read you guys posts!! OMG!! The exact things I was thinking!!! :ROFLMAO: So at least I know I'm not crazy or childish! This is why I love the eiC!!! You guys get me.(y)
For me this is all new. I usually just wake up like normal the day after launch and go to the Verizon website and place my order and let the chips fall where they may. This year I decided to take part in the "fun" and login to the Apple site at 3:01EST. After a few minutes of the start being delayed, I was preordered and logged off in under a minute. There actually weren't fireworks!! :p

I am doubly screwed because I am going to use the iPhone Upgrade Program so mine is just a reservation at a store so I have no order or shipment information to track. I'm kinda in the corner, rocking back and forth and drooling. (y):cool:

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
For me this is all new. I usually just wake up like normal the day after launch and go to the Verizon website and place my order and let the chips fall where they may. This year I decided to take part in the "fun" and login to the Apple site at 3:01EST. After a few minutes of the start being delayed, I was preordered and logged off in under a minute. There actually weren't fireworks!! :p

I am doubly screwed because I am going to use the iPhone Upgrade Program so mine is just a reservation at a store so I have no order or shipment information to track. I'm kinda in the corner, rocking back and forth and drooling. (y):cool:
@JDem :laugh2::ROFLMAO: Please forgive me, I don't mean to laugh at your pain but....OMG! You in the corner rocking back and forth drooling, I can just picture that!!! AND, I know exactly how you feel. It's horrible waiting for what seems forever to receive your brand new shiny iPhone 6s/6s Plus with all the new bells and whistles!

I know you have no tracking to follow because you can just go and pick your iPhone up but you can take pictures and show off that experience to us here. I know that line will be long. It might be boring for a little bit, but the craziness will pick up as the people become more impatient. Last time I was on a line it was for the iPhone 4 and I made friends there at the Flagship 5th Ave Apple Store. That was a fun cold morning! People in line went and bought breakfast for us and we were well-guarded by the Security/Detective crew Apple had out there. People not in line were trying to harass us on line and the security wasn't having it. I felt safe. :love:

What Apple store are you going to? I see you are in N-NJ Central PA area. I'm wondering if you'll hit my favorite Apple Store in NY, the Flagship 5th Ave Store! I LOVE THAT STORE! Every time I go there I experience something or someone fun. Last time I was there was 2 Saturdays ago and a man decided to bring his bird in. It was a beautiful colorful bird that was in a cage, but you could not miss it. I've seen people bring in dogs of all kinds in Apple Stores in NY but never a bird. Even birds are interested in Apple Products. :)

We will have a launch day thread as a lot of people here will be on line and there are always experiences with that. BIG FUN!! You'[re in good company here!

Reactions: JDem

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
Anyone that pre ordered from Apple have any movement with anything? I'm still processing and my card has not been charged heck I didn't see a $1 pre authorization that they normally do on my account. I would imagine we will see some movement later this week.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
My order used to say I could cancel the order, now they've taken that option away and it still says Processing. (y) That's a little something. I don't expect to see real movement until next week.

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
@JDem :laugh2::ROFLMAO:

What Apple store are you going to? I see you are in N-NJ Central PA area. I'm wondering if you'll hit my favorite Apple Store in NY, the Flagship 5th Ave Store! I LOVE THAT STORE! Every time I go there I experience something or someone fun. Last time I was there was 2 Saturdays ago and a man decided to bring his bird in. It was a beautiful colorful bird that was in a cage, but you could not miss it. I've seen people bring in dogs of all kinds in Apple Stores in NY but never a bird. Even birds are interested in Apple Products. :)
I'll be at the Short Hills Mall in Millburn.

Ok this is just cruel now!!! Look what just arrived at my office!!!

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1442417220.149137.jpg

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
I'll be at the Short Hills Mall in Millburn.

Ok this is just cruel now!!! Look what just arrived at my office!!!

View attachment 42920
YES! This happened to me yesterday too! I ordered four Silicon Cases for my new shiny iPhone 6s Plus and instead of them coming all together, they're showing up one at a dag on time!! Nerve racking! However, I am loving it! It's like I get a little prize everyday until the iPhone shows up. I don't mind but I feel your pain.

I've never been to the Apple Store in Short Hills Mall. I'm sure you'll have some stories from there and good pictures too. (y)

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

This is the new Orange Silicone Case. I love it. There is a difference in how they presented the Apple logo on the back this go around. It's almost printed instead of recessed in like on the Silicone from last year. I'm waiting for my new leather ones before I can make the comparison to last years leather cases. The leather is supposed to be different this go around. Italian Leather rather than Aniline (sp?) leather.

The orange is a pretty color. It's definitely not red but a great alternative to it, as you can see in the last pic. I do plan on getting the other colors but I think I might get them in a store rather than waiting for shipment. The four I have coming are a long enough wait. Funny enough, I won't use these until I get the new iPhone unless my outfit calls for it. (y):D

Last edited:

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
How are people finding out what there tracking#'s are once it goes to preparing to ship I've heard people say you can login to supportprofile.apple.com to get your device serial number and then use this other site once you have the serial number to track progress. I've also heard of people cross referencing "reference" numbers, etc oh and then there's www.flightware.com can someone explain it?

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
I'm planning a visit to New York in November, can someone tell me if I can buy(cash) an iPhone(sim free) from the Apple store without a signing up to a phone line contract ? I'd like to take advantage of the exchange rate. Visiting the U.S Apple store online, it always wants me to select a network when choosing the phone.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yes. They will sell you a factory unlocked iPhone in an Apple Store for full cost as long as they have them in stock.

jafundy

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Well got the case, now I just need the phone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
what time you pick it up? Around 8:30 -9:00?
For both the iPhone 6 Plus and my Apple Watch I got to the depot at 8:00am when it opened. When I went up to get the package, both times, I was told it was still in sorting and hadn't made it to the customer center yet. Both times an employee ran over to the sorting building and ran it back for me. Took about 30 minutes each time. I'll be doing the same with the 6s Plus. I'm sure they love seeing my face walk through that door :) /sarcasm

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
So At&t charged my card today! I'm so excited, i've been on Android for the last two years but I had to come back to Apple. Android was just to laggy for me. That 3d touch tho :cool:
Welcome back from the dark side. I wish apple would charge my card already!
I just checked and Apple has charged my card for the tax due on my AT&T Next plan purchase! :)

Reactions: Rafagon