iPhone 7 iPhone 7/7 PLUS Campout thread

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Stay warm, stay dry and good luck! I am rooting for you!
Thanks man!! I hope it works out. I think that no matter what, I WILL walk out of there with SOME kind of 7 PLUS tomorrow.

I wonder if AT&T will allow me to walk out with my selection UNOPENED, or if they will insist on activating it while I'm in store. Seems to me that it would make a better unboxing video if I did it myself on my kitchen table in the morning.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Thanks man!! I hope it works out. I think that no matter what, I WILL walk out of there with SOME kind of 7 PLUS tomorrow.

I wonder if AT&T will allow me to walk out with my selection UNOPENED, or if they will insist on activating it while I'm in store. Seems to me that it would make a better unboxing video if I did it myself on my kitchen table in the morning.
You shouldn't have to open it in the store. Stand your ground. You're an Alaskan, man!

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
You shouldn't have to open it in the store. Stand your ground. You're an Alaskan, man!
Damn right!! Fred Meyer doesn't require me to open every gallon of milk I buy before I take it out of the store. I think I'm gonna try this!! And maybe I'll even "pack some heat" in case things get out of control. After all, we ARE a concealed carry state!!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I did that before I posted...

Sadly every time. No matter what options I choose. I get the AT&T call center. :(
Makes sense due to the influx of calls this week. I guess your best best is to stop into the store if you have time. I'd go this evening and then you can ask them about the inventory they received today.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I plan too.. and Luckily Best Buy is directly across the street too. I have not heard if they were getting new phones on launch day. But they have the past 2 years.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
CAMPOUT CANCELLED!! CAMPOUT CANCELLED!! CAMPOUT CANCELLED!! CAMPOUT CANCELLED!!

I have to say I'm pretty much DEVASTED at this point. I was reminded today of an AT&T Authorized Retailer in the next town over, about 15 miles away, that opened in the past year or so. I called and they have ONE, yet ONE iPhone 7 PLUS 128 GB Model in stock for tomorrow. And it's GOLD. That's it.

I also just talked to my local store. They will have ZERO Plus Models. ZERO!!

I've lost almost all faith I once had in Apple. So now my wait to mid to late October begins. This sucks!!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
CAMPOUT CANCELLED!! CAMPOUT CANCELLED!! CAMPOUT CANCELLED!! CAMPOUT CANCELLED!!

I have to say I'm pretty much DEVASTED at this point. I was reminded today of an AT&T Authorized Retailer in the next town over, about 15 miles away, that opened in the past year or so. I called and they have ONE, yet ONE iPhone 7 PLUS 128 GB Model in stock for tomorrow. And it's GOLD. That's it.

I also just talked to my local store. They will have ZERO Plus Models. ZERO!!

I've lost almost all faith I once had in Apple. So now my wait to mid to late October begins. This sucks!!
Ahhh! Bummer. Do they already have people in line at the one with the gold Plus?

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Ahhh! Bummer. Do they already have people in line at the one with the gold Plus?
I've made 3-4 attempts to call and find out. No answer.

I also called a store 75 miles further down the road in Homer, Alaska. They are an AT&T Authorized Retailer, and they said they have received their shipment, but can't open their boxes until 7 AM tomorrow morning, so they won't know what they've got til morning. Doors open at 8.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
I've found out today that all iPhone black and jet black have sold out and not even people queuing will get that colour option and this comes from a friends boyfriend who works at Apple manchester in the uk...

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
Planning on getting to my local Verizon store at 5-6ish. Not expecting much but worth a shot. Worse case scenario my preorder should be here the 28th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: snowtrooper1966

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Ok, I'm so conflicted it ain't even funny. I stopped in my local ATT store again tonight just before they closed at 9 pm. Asked the guy there what they'd have available in the plus model. He was really vague and would only say, "We will have phones in the morning". Wouldn't confirm or deny if they will have ANY 7 plus models. It is now almost midnight. Just did a drive by. No one camped out yet. I'm so tempted to go give it a whirl just for the hell of it.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I am pretty much accepted this is the 1st year I won't have the new iPhone at launch. I did not take off since I was getting a phone delivered. I will check stores the next few weeks and see if I get lucky. At least I got a JetBlack Plus coming in October.
I wish everyone camping trying to score GOOD LUCK today.
Never pre-order At&T again

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
Is this wishful thinking or did I stumble on a honey hole?

and the line

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
Just realized this is the saddest campout thread ever. I remember the days when you could barely keep up with the pics and comments.

Reactions: RyansTitan05

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
Only had iPhone 7 128GB in stock. Oh well, worth the 5 min drive.