iPhone 7 iPhone 7 iOS 10.1 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
I have an iPhone 7 I have an issue with iOS 10.1 every time press on lock button and slide to eight of iPhone to get to widget it's sometimes it gets jammed it won't let me slide to the left is this iOS bug ? Never happens before
Hmm I am unsure about that as I don't have an iPhone 7, but if you're just talking in general then I just noticed as well a slight "lag" when swiping left or right when on lock screen. I just need to quick swipe. If this is what you're referring to, then It's no big deal...I wouldn't see this as a bug in my opinion.

Reactions: alexrat1996

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
Hmm I am unsure about that as I don't have an iPhone 7, but if you're just talking in general then I just noticed as well a slight "lag" when swiping left or right when on lock screen. I just need to quick swipe.
Even if I swip left I get the lag I have to swipe two time is this a software bug to make sure and have a correct answer

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Even if I swip left I get the lag I have to swipe two time is this a software bug to make sure and have a correct answer
I'm not experiencing any lag when swiping right to get to my widgets. I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus. I wonder if it's peculiar to the iPhone 7, similar to how the app animation closing jitter seems to be limited to the 7 Plus.

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
Are you sure you're performing the swipe correctly? Is the page moving at all when you try to swipe right, or is is completely stuck until you try a second time?
It swip but at points kick me back to the same screen it lags and it works second time and I''m sure I'm swiping correctly here video and it's does get stuck at points I did restore in iTunes as new same issue here video

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It swip but at points kick me back to the same screen it lags and it works second time and I''m sure I'm swiping correctly here video and it's does get stuck at points I did restore in iTunes as new same issue here video
Okay. I see what you're talking about now. It's sliding to the left that's hanging up. Mine does the same thing. I tried turning off Reduce Motion in Settings but that didn't help.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
iOS isn't registering your gesture because it's not a long enough swipe. Try doing longer swipes. Start at the far right of the screen and swipe to the far left.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I already tried this and it didn't work consistently.
It's working consistently for me. Perhaps it will for Alex. I am able to replicate his problem with short, light swipes as he does in the video and stop it from happening 100% of the time when I do wider swipes the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.