iPhone 7 iPhone 7 preorder thread

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I checked out the Jet Black iPhone at the Apple Store in Annapolis today. They only had one and it was a regular 7. After seeing it in person today, I have to say it's actually pretty nice. It doesn't have that metal look like the matte, but it is definitely more grippy than every other version of the 6/6s/7 and the shiny finish looks amazing. Slipperiness is one thing MKBHD got 100% wrong in that video. If you're going to use the phone caseless, the Jet Black is the way to go. You'll have to clean the fingerprints way more often than the matte, but the extra grip would be really useful. It's not sticky or tacky. It's just not as slippery as the silver/grey/gold/matte. It had a few micro scratches, but they didn't bother me at all. You had to hold it in certain light to even see them.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Annapolis is one of the stores I check for availability.
I noticed no store I have been so far has a Jet Black Plus model for display. Not Apple , AT&T, Best Buy, Target in my area.
I tested the volume and camera in the Apple Store yesterday and it was so loud from people talking at the store I could hardly hear the ringtones. It did better than the 6s I tried. I love the camera of course !

Reactions: Sharunda and Europa

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Good news/bad news
Had ordered two 7+ 128GB's on preorder day through store in Midwest at 9:15AM, one Rose Gold for the Mrs, and a Jet Black for myself.
The RG arrived in-store on launch day, last Friday.
The Mgr and I spoke that day, I asked about mine, knowing full well they were back ordered, just to see if he had any insight, which of course he did not.
Also asked if he got any +128GB MB's (with the thought that I would possibly take one, if yes, but did not disclose that to him) and again, a negative answer, with him saying that was what he had ordered.
Forward to today with the announcement that some + JB's were possibly shipping, decided to call Sprint Order Support Department.
Was able to get my order number and low and behold a tracking #!

Checked that on UPS and it showed delivered!

That same moment, store mgr calls and tells me he "pulled some strings" and was able to be me a MB deliverd today.

Not sure what I'm going to do.
May try to leverage the fact I did not ask or authorize my order being changed to compel them to swap out for a JB down the road when they are eventually in stock.
The store manager is an acquaintance of mine through a FB group unrelated to telecommunications, so don't want him to possibly get in any hot water.
Stoked all our devices are in store and ready to ship, but obviously a bit gutted about not getting what I ordered....

Order#: OR-PDPM-80353xxxx
Pre-order models: 7+ 128GB JB & RG
Order Placed: 09/09; 9:15AM CST
Delivery Location: Chicago, IL

image.png image.jpeg

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
@Snowtropper1966
Be happy he got one in for you at least? Granted you didn't ask for that one in particular... But honestly, if it's gonna be in a case, is there that much of a difference if it's Jet Black or just black?

Reactions: Zzz

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
... But honestly, if it's gonna be in a case, is there that much of a difference if it's Jet Black or just black?
HELL YEAH THERE IS!! Biggest thing is RESALE VALUE!! I'm just glad that after UPS Delivers my Piano Black 128 GB iPhone PLUS on Friday, I have to go to Anchorage AGAIN on SATURDAY, where I should be able to find a nice CLEAR case somewhere to put it in to keep it relatively unscratched, fingerprint free, and still be able to show off it's BEAUTY!!

Last edited:
Reactions: snowtrooper1966

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
It's been too long baby It's certainly nice to have you back. Even if it's just a pop in. We'll take it.
I got a job at Macy's Systems and Technology division here in Georgia, and with drive time and work hours, im occupied almost 12 hours a day. I'm exhausted when I get home, and usually nap a bit and then eat watch some tv or Netflix before passing out and doing it all over again. Plus a few other bits and pieces of drama I'd rather keep buried...
It doesn't give a tremendous amount of time for much else except the occasional rant on FB.

I did upgrade my ride to a 2011 Pathfinder (still have my '01) and did a Pioneer head unit with App Radio features and a ProClips mount. I think I have the review around here somewhere that I wrote for MacGirl, but I had my email kicked back.
I'll see if Chris wants to post it, even though the radio is now a couple years old.

Reactions: Sharunda

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I am in the process of switching to T-Mobile from ATT and pre-ordered 2 iPhone 7 and 2 iPhone 7 Plus on Sep 10th and received a shipping notification of Oct 11-22. None of the orders were Jet Black. I called T-Mobile today and they were able to check on the order status which hadn't changed, but said I needed to check with the store since I ordered from them and they could provide additional information that they didn't have access to. I've always ordered online and had mixed feelings about it since AT&T screwed up twice, although one of the screw ups ended up with a free iPhone 6. Both times I tried ordering through Apple, but had issues with it so I went to plan B with AT&T.

I'm not as excited about the 7 Plus yet since the iPhone 6 plus has been awesome, but it could just be the shipping being so far out. I am looking forward to the Matte Black since I was never a fan of the Space Grey. I'm sure my excitement level was raise considerably once I get the tracking information. Like every release I enjoy reading about the different experiences.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I get up at 3am last few days to check "reserve and pick up" today was the 1st time plus models were available and not blocked out. I keep checking perhaps I do get lucky before my ship date . I check a few other sites and target had limited jet black plus models in MN.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
This the 1st year I and so many others did not get their phone on launch day. A bid disappointing. I hope this new country release schedule for Apple is a test run for next years anniversary model?
Yes! You are correct. This is the first year I have not gotten my iPhone on or around Launch day. This isn't cool and I hope is not indicative of how Apple will behave in the future for other releases. This one was horrible. :sick:

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I got a job at Macy's Systems and Technology division here in Georgia, and with drive time and work hours, im occupied almost 12 hours a day. I'm exhausted when I get home, and usually nap a bit and then eat watch some tv or Netflix before passing out and doing it all over again. Plus a few other bits and pieces of drama I'd rather keep buried...
It doesn't give a tremendous amount of time for much else except the occasional rant on FB.

I did upgrade my ride to a 2011 Pathfinder (still have my '01) and did a Pioneer head unit with App Radio features and a ProClips mount. I think I have the review around here somewhere that I wrote for MacGirl, but I had my email kicked back.
I'll see if Chris wants to post it, even though the radio is now a couple years old.
WOW, you've been a busy busy boy! CONGRATS on the job! That sounds like a winner! I know the hours are inconvenient right now but hopefully it's worth it for you.

Just a suggestion, try to stock up on your supplements if you're into that stuff. Some folks won't hear of a supplement but they help me and are good if used in moderation. Vitamin B complex (that is a great energy booster and good for you. I try to take at least three a week, not every day), Omega 3s, oh and Cayenne Pepper. It's not a supplement, but it's tasty, spicy and helps to keep me healthy when I'm around yucky sick folks or when I'm run down and my immune system might not he top notch. Drink lots of water (lemon water is GR8 also), get rest like you are trying to do and as far as the bits of drama, tell them "Bye Felicia!"

Pathfinder 2011! Awesome upgrade!(y) CONGRATS Again! I'd love to read the review if you can get it posted.

Anyway, glad you took time out of your crazy schedule to pop in here. U R Missed! :love: