iPhone as a remote

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Limited use

While I can use the remote to access my computers on the same network (my house, all running from airport), I can't access them from a different network (3 different offices on different wireless networks). While it's fun to access my main computer with the iPhone from my bedroom, the fun wears off pretty fast since it's not particularly useful. It would be nice to be able to access my home computer from work, but I always get a message that "the server stopped responding".

tray

Jul 1, 2007
milwaukee, wi
everymoment.org
While I can use the remote to access my computers on the same network (my house, all running from airport), I can't access them from a different network (3 different offices on different wireless networks). While it's fun to access my main computer with the iPhone from my bedroom, the fun wears off pretty fast since it's not particularly useful. It would be nice to be able to access my home computer from work, but I always get a message that "the server stopped responding".
yes... i'm pretty sure that's what they are mentioning on the page of the ip address of the computer. it gives a link to another program to make it possible to "remote control" your computer from another network.