iPhone battery life

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I charged my battery overnight I have a full charge but expect to have 20% with in a few hours due to my no stop use while sitting on my ass waiting for my name to be called at jury Dudy
Just remember, when they call your name, act like you are not paying attention, and then answer, "Guilty! Oh Sorry, what did you say?" You'll be home by lunch.

you said doody.

cubbie5150

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
Actually, I don't think it hurts to do a full charge/discharge cycle....that acts as a calibration of the battery w/ the battery meter. It's something Apple recommends I do semi-regularly w/ my Macbook Pro. It doesn't actually purport to do anything for the battery--it merely helps ensure the battery meter reads correctly. I plan to to the full charge/discharge cycle about every 6 weeks or so....

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Actually, I don't think it hurts to do a full charge/discharge cycle....that acts as a calibration of the battery w/ the battery meter. It's something Apple recommends I do semi-regularly w/ my Macbook Pro. It doesn't actually purport to do anything for the battery--it merely helps ensure the battery meter reads correctly. I plan to to the full charge/discharge cycle about every 6 weeks or so....
If you read up on the care of a Lithium ion polymer battery, you would know that it is better to keep it charged and not let it run down. Generally, I don't let mine go below 50% unless I am testing it, then to 20% and that's it. And it's rare that I test.
If you hunt around here, you will find links to articles that talk about the proper care for the battery.
Once my warranty is up and my battery is losing a lot of life, I'm sending it in to ipodjuice.com to get a new one. They warranty their batteries for 10 years!

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
well I posted this in my jury thread but I got 5 hours and 6 mins today on a full charge and never did my iPhone get to the 20% dismiss popup... I did though car it in my car for 15 mins but if I did not charge it im sure I still would of been ok...

crazyman143

Nov 24, 2009
Hi, my name is Dillon Im new to the forum, also a new iPhone user and I have some questions, the battery life in particular. I know this has probably been asked here before, but I thought maybe I could get some advice since everybody seems to say something different about it.

ok, so I got the phone "refurbished" from AT&T, and everything has been great except I have to charge the phone at least once everyday. for instance I charged it yesterday morning and it was already low today, i had a been trying consiously not to use it much just to make it through day 2.

i got the brightness all the way down, turned off mail push keep the wifi off most of the time etc... and I mostly just text and browse the web for maybe a total of 15 mins a day. Is it normal that it would be going dead this fast? should I take it back and get another one? Im finding myself not even using the phone to its potential most of the time, just so i can make it to the next charge. thanks.

justinxtreme

Bronze
Sep 22, 2009
the battery life problem is a really common problem especially since OS 3.1 update.

It's TOTALLY FRUSTRATING ESPECIALLY WHEN IM IN THE MIDDLE OF TEXTING OR CALLING!

crazyman143

Nov 24, 2009
Hmmm well that's dissapointing news, is it possible to revert back to the old os because so far I'm not that impressed. Thanks.

justinxtreme

Bronze
Sep 22, 2009
Yes, it's possible but it won't downgrade the baseband (no need to anyways but just saying)

Anyways first get the firmware file (Google iPhone Firmwares and there's this website which provides links to the official firmwares)

Then put your iPhone into DFU Mode (Hold Home and Hold button while it's starting up for 10 seconds)

Then iTunes will report your iPhone is in Recovery Mode and just ignore it and Shift Click Restore (Hold Shift and click Restore) and navigate to the older firmware

It will restore it

It will get the Error 1015 after restoring just ignore it

Use iRecovery to get it out of Recovery Mode or use blackra1n though haven't used blackra1n for getting it out of Recovery Mode (Recovery Mode is the part where your screen shows a iTunes logo and USB Logo). Try iRecovery only with a 32-Bit OS

computerfox

Zealot
Gold
Oct 2, 2009
New Jersey
www.abelgancsos.com
or you can use pwanagetool 3.1.4. with an ORIGINAL firmware file and follow the on screen instructions in pwanagetool. it's a WHOLE lot simpler than going through all that BS

also, remember that you don't need the screen too bright and if you dim the light, you can also save battery life like that.