iPhone case suggestions?

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
I guess you can say I'm a case-a-holic. I have probably a dozen cases at the moment. I have three ifrogz luxe lean cases, green and two grey ones..4 carbon fiber cases, a rubber coated ultra thin black eBay case, otterbox commuter black, a knock off otterbox defender, a black bumper, green bumper, a black rocketfish silicon case and a smoke colored flexible case. The commuter seems a little more bulky than my 3GS one....maybe because it's more square. I like it tho. My favorites are the elcheapo eBay super slim case and my carbon fiber cases. They literally add no bulk to the phone but make it easier to hold on to.

furndaddy

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 16, 2010
Indiana
Bottom line is that if you are truly concerned about protection, the Otterbox is probably the best choice - just got the Defender (white) for my iPhone 4 one and like it a lot.

Ozzie5374

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Country South Australia
Just in case

Hi, I am kind of new to the iPhone 4, I am looking for a case that has moderate protection and doesn't make the iPhone too thick and also keeps the look of the "iPhone 4" if possible. Right now i use the switcheasy nude and i love the case but just feel that if i drop the phone it will be a goner. And i also have the speck candyshell and am a big fan but i feel that its just way to bulky for me. I am still looking for the "perfect" case. Any ideas? Thanks everyone in advance! :)
I have a NUDE on order currently in clear - the 4 looks too good to cover up. Having said that I also have a leather belt clip holster case for work n out and am looking at the Swiss army horizontal leather case ( can't get em in Oz ). Had Switcheasy rebel on 3Gs and 3G before that - great protective cases with plenty of colour/style choices. Pleeeeease don't put one of those big ugly clunky boxes on yer iPhone 4. It's such a nice lookin piece of design.
PS. Don't get the NUDE. Read the review in this forum - I agree!

Meltdownblitz

Bronze
Aug 23, 2009
I have a NUDE on order currently in clear - the 4 looks too good to cover up. Having said that I also have a leather belt clip holster case for work n out and am looking at the Swiss army horizontal leather case ( can't get em in Oz ). Had Switcheasy rebel on 3Gs and 3G before that - great protective cases with plenty of colour/style choices. Pleeeeease don't put one of those big ugly clunky boxes on yer iPhone 4. It's such a nice lookin piece of design.
I know bro. I have a white leather skin and a neo hybrid ex bumper and I'm loving it! If I were you I'd cancel my order for the nude. It's crap. That was my first case. Go bumper route with some kind of front and back protection. Much better IMO.

Kipster42_canada

Nov 10, 2010
Yah. I want the protection, willing to sacrifice the feel for the protection. Reminds me of another protective device which is bulky and takes awAy from the feel and look. Lol

eyephonemind

Oct 26, 2010
i got a Ringke case on right now. Very slim and the feel is nice. Try it out..not sure if its what you are looking for.

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
I have been using my otterbox commuter since I got it, but now I want to try something different. Any suggestions for a case that is about the same size that offers as much protection or should I just stick with my otterbox? Thanks!

Meltdownblitz

Bronze
Aug 23, 2009
I have been using my otterbox commuter since I got it, but now I want to try something different. Any suggestions for a case that is about the same size that offers as much protection or should I just stick with my otterbox? Thanks!
Probably one of the best cases in it's class, but you can try the candyshell if you haven't already. Theres also a few new ones from incipio and seideo.

Ozzie5374

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Country South Australia
That nude clear case is as good as the penny cases on eBay. I sent mine back to them. I nearly cut my finger on the poorly finished plastic. Switch Easy merely sells low quality cases in glitzy packaging. Shrewd marketing.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe
NO. I've had Switcheasy Rebel cases for years - 3G & 3Gs phones. They were good style/protection/choices BUT the NUDE on my iPhone IS a disappointment for all reasons mentioned in this forum.

jafundy

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Try the Otterbox. Defender bulky but water resistant. I have new Impact and love it. Does not have attached screen protector but they include one. No watermarks.

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Try the Otterbox. Defender bulky but water resistant. I have new Impact and love it. Does not have attached screen protector but they include one. No watermarks.
Sorry buddy, but it's not water resistant! It might help to keep some water out of certain areas, but, the most dangerous spots are still vulnerable to water damage... Speakers, mic, and headphone jack. Don't get me wrong, it's more protected in the otterbox from water, than if it weren't in it.

Ozzie5374

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Country South Australia
Hi, I am kind of new to the iPhone 4, I am looking for a case that has moderate protection and doesn't make the iPhone too thick and also keeps the look of the "iPhone 4" if possible. Right now i use the switcheasy nude and i love the case but just feel that if i drop the phone it will be a goner. And i also have the speck candyshell and am a big fan but i feel that its just way to bulky for me. I am still looking for the "perfect" case. Any ideas? Thanks everyone in advance! :)
I've pre ordered Vapour 4 case....yeah, I know I'm gonna have to wait, but I have received an email back from them re mixing the nickel finish with the red back, and I use a leather belt clip case whilst out/at work and have found some good looking leather holsters at Nutshell.com a NZ company. Ian there has been excellent with email communication.

TechKid

Nov 30, 2010
If you are looking for a thin case that keeps the looks of the iPhone 4, I strongly recommend the Slice 3 case from Pinlo! It's verrrrrry thin and has a great feeling! BUT if you also want a drop protection, then you should buy another one!

Cheers