iPhone DOES NOT WORK as advertized: Full refund in order

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
I can sync fine with outlook... but i figured where to look for your problem...

your problem is located somewhere between the monitor and the chair...;)

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Apple's hype is rotten...the phone is NOT the greatest thing since canned beer, or sliced bread.
It's a fancy iPod not a businesss tool.
If it was a businesss tool, then Apple would have brought it to Coporate America instead of the private consumer. Not sure what you read or where you read it, but I did my research, and knew long in advance that it was a Internet/text/email/phone with touch screen interaction and a full function iPod w/video. In other words, an internet multi-media comunication tool. That's all I every expected and got exactly that.
Now, I "could" ***** about no mms, java, flash, or ability to directly add/remove programs, but those features will come with time.
If you were expecting a blackberry, you got the wrong fruit, this is an Apple.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
BTW, I sync to Outlook 2003 just fine. All contacts, calander events, and my Pop 3 account.

hexonxonx

Silver
Before I got a Mac, I was using a Windows XP PC to sync with and it worked flawlessly with Outlook. That's how I got everything transferred to my Mac when I bought it.

Usually when people have a problem with Windows and the iPhone, it is because they are using Vista which is one of the worst bug ridden versions to date. Even some of Microsofts own programs don't work with Vista. You can't blame the phone for that. Outlook will sync perfectly with the iPhone under XP and with the Mac version.

The iPhone is still amazing over a month later, loving it!

FrankMcL

Bronze
The PPC 6700 w/Windows Mobile

If it was a businesss tool, then Apple would have brought it to Coporate America instead of the private consumer. Not sure what you read or where you read it, but I did my research, and knew long in advance that it was a Internet/text/email/phone with touch screen interaction and a full function iPod w/video. In other words, an internet multi-media comunication tool. That's all I every expected and got exactly that.
Now, I "could" ***** about no mms, java, flash, or ability to directly add/remove programs, but those features will come with time.
If you were expecting a blackberry, you got the wrong fruit, this is an Apple.
was not a fruit! Nothing like a rotten Apple.

FrankMcL

Bronze
I'm runnitn Vista and Outlook 2007

Before I got a Mac, I was using a Windows XP PC to sync with and it worked flawlessly with Outlook. That's how I got everything transferred to my Mac when I bought it.

Usually when people have a problem with Windows and the iPhone, it is because they are using Vista which is one of the worst bug ridden versions to date. Even some of Microsofts own programs don't work with Vista. You can't blame the phone for that. Outlook will sync perfectly with the iPhone under XP and with the Mac version.

The iPhone is still amazing over a month later, loving it!
After about 10 hours of futzing around it now works perfectly.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Outlook will sync perfectly with the iPhone under XP and with the Mac version.
Umm...you'll have to speak for yourself--there are TONS of people having many problems syncing the iPhone with Outlook's calendar--I'm one of them. It will not consistently sync with Outlook...and it's damned frustrating...businesss phone or not--when you say it will sync your Outlook contacts I expect it will...silly me...SYNC my Outlook contacts.

FrankMcL

Bronze
knock on Apple, er wood

Umm...you'll have to speak for yourself--there are TONS of people having many problems syncing the iPhone with Outlook's calendar--I'm one of them. It will not consistently sync with Outlook...and it's damned frustrating...businesss phone or not--when you say it will sync your Outlook contacts I expect it will...silly me...SYNC my Outlook contacts.
I've been syncing for the past 4 days without a hitch using Vista and 2007. If this continues and they come up with rhumored features I'll be a happy as Apple pie.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I've been syncing for the past 4 days without a hitch using Vista and 2007. If this continues and they come up with rhumored features I'll be a happy as Apple pie.
That sure is a big turn-around from: "The iPhone was advertized as being compatible and able to sync with Outlook. It does not. All who purchased under this misconception should be entitled to a full refund and cancellation of the AT&T 2 year contract.

Let the class action begin!"

Is that the way you handle all problems? Had you started a thread with the specifics of your problem you would have gotten dramatically different replies. The irony is that Apple, the company you recently wanted to sue, solved your problem.

--
Mike

FrankMcL

Bronze
Yeah, that's how I solve problems

That sure is a big turn-around from: "The iPhone was advertized as being compatible and able to sync with Outlook. It does not. All who purchased under this misconception should be entitled to a full refund and cancellation of the AT&T 2 year contract.

Let the class action begin!"

Is that the way you handle all problems? Had you started a thread with the specifics of your problem you would have gotten dramatically different replies. The irony is that Apple, the company you recently wanted to sue, solved your problem.

--
Mike

Had I not suffered with the problem two weeks prior I might not have been as crabby.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
id send you all the cheese in my fridge to go with that whine but i don't think i have enough.....

Captricky

Aug 2, 2007
The iPhone was advertized as being compatible and able to sync with Outlook. It does not. All who purchased under this misconception should be entitled to a full refund and cancellation of the AT&T 2 year contract.

Let the class action begin!
Your gripe is NOT valid. My iPhone syncs with Outlook just fine - as it does for the majority of users, so your class action won't get far.

Instead of whining and threatening lawsuits try doing a search and you will find numerous posts that discuss ways to get Outlook and your iPhone to sync.

Most problems are caused by corrupted PST files. A good starting point would be to create a NEW Outlook data file and see if the sync problem is solved. If it works with a new file you can transfer your data from the old file to the new in less time than it takes to get a lawyer on the phone.....

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
This thread is becoming Epic.

Frank, I must place a "Thanks" on your original post, lord knows you could use one next to your name.

We're on page 4, and you continue to return to defend your claims/views/opinions and I tip my hat to that. It's not often you find a man of his word in this day and age.

So what's the deal folks? This dragon isn't going down without a fight. We've been here since 8-13-07 trying to down him and we keep wiping. I don't understand, we have healers, a good tank, and lots of DPS... Why hasn't Frank fallen yet? Don't you want his loot? I know for a FACT that he drops an iPhone every time...

Stoldit

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
This thread is becoming Epic.

Frank, I must place a "Thanks" on your original post, lord knows you could use one next to your name.

We're on page 4, and you continue to return to defend your claims/views/opinions and I tip my hat to that. It's not often you find a man of his word in this day and age.

So what's the deal folks? This dragon isn't going down without a fight. We've been here since 8-13-07 trying to down him and we keep wiping. I don't understand, we have healers, a good tank, and lots of DPS... Why hasn't Frank fallen yet? Don't you want his loot? I know for a FACT that he drops an iPhone every time...

I am forwarding outlook through izymail. no complaints. and my contacts trhough iTunes. no complaints.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Apple's hype is rotten...the phone is NOT the greatest thing since canned beer, or sliced bread.
It's a fancy iPod not a businesss tool.
i don't think i ever heard them say it was as good as canned beer. Nothing is as good as that, except maybe bottled beer.

junkie

Jul 17, 2007
The iPhone was advertized as being compatible and able to sync with Outlook. It does not. All who purchased under this misconception should be entitled to a full refund and cancellation of the AT&T 2 year contract.

Let the class action begin!

Dumbest thing I have heard today