iPhone got hot... wont turn on at all (help)

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I tried searching a few different key words, so please don't get mad at me.

I've had my phone since august and it has worked perfectly. Then about 5 days ago, my camera stopped working.
It would take pictures but wouldn't save them.

When you would look in the camera roll, it would just have boxes with no pictures.
I'd connect to my computer to upload the pictures, and nothing was there.

THEN...

Tonight my phone rang and I tried to answer it, and my phone was HOT. I mean burning hot.
I looked at the screen to see who was calling and the screen was totally screwed up.
All white with a bunch of tiny lines throughout.

I shut it off right away, and it eventually cooled down.

Now it wont turn back on.

I've tried holding both buttons with it plugged in, and still nothing.

It's fried.

My question is, what now?

I bought the phone through At&t and still have my receipt +box. What's my next step?

It sucks not having my phone, I actually had to use the home phone tonight... :(

Please help.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Forgot to add something.

I have never modded the phone at all, or got it wet. I've babied it to death, it just went nuts on me.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD

I've had my phone since august and it has worked perfectly. Then about 5 days ago, my camera stopped working.

When you would look in the camera roll, it would just have boxes with no pictures.

THEN...

Tonight my phone rang and I tried to answer it, and my phone was HOT. I mean burning hot.
I looked at the screen to see who was calling and the screen was totally screwed up.

It's fried.

I bought the phone through At&t and still have my receipt +box. What's my next step?

It sucks not having my phone, I actually had to use the home phone tonight... :(

Please help.
Your phone is under warranty. Take it to Apple and get a replacement.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Thanks for the reply, I love you.

I wasn't sure If I had to return it to an AT&T store or an Apple store. I just woke up so I am sorry for being a moron.

Now I guess it's time to make a trip to the mall.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Take it to Dunkin Donuts. They will dip it in caramel for you and you can pretend it's a toffee Apple.

THEN...

It's fried.

Please help.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Apple Store is the way to go.
I called and made an appointment with the Apple help guys. I got there and they asked me what happened, and within 10 minutes I was walking out with a new phone.

Just synced it up and it's good to go.

Awsome customer service!

If anyone on here is new and has something wrong with their phone, don't hesitate to take it in.

It is a totally no hassle experience.