iPhone in pool

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
Dropped my phone into my dog's water dish this morning. It was submerged for 2-3 seconds. Grabbed it, got it out of the case, towel dried as much as I could, tried to turn it off a few times and it does turn off but then immediately starts back up. I didn't play around with it too much as I know that's a "no-no" but besides it turning itself on, it appears to be functioning okay. I then put it in a bag of rice right away and plan to leave it there for a few days. I know this is all I can do, but based on the symptoms, what do you think my odds are....? :(
Lifeproof.

Reactions: MuscleMommy

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 8, 2010
Anderson, SC
Dropped my phone into my dog's water dish this morning. It was submerged for 2-3 seconds. Grabbed it, got it out of the case, towel dried as much as I could, tried to turn it off a few times and it does turn off but then immediately starts back up. I didn't play around with it too much as I know that's a "no-no" but besides it turning itself on, it appears to be functioning okay. I then put it in a bag of rice right away and plan to leave it there for a few days. I know this is all I can do, but based on the symptoms, what do you think my odds are....? :(
It worked great on my 4s. It went o the bottom of the deep end of swimming pool. 2 days later, good as new out of the rice bag! I took the back plate off first tho.

Sent using iCafe app

CanadianNemo

Genius
Gold
Aug 31, 2010
The rice trick SEEMS to have worked splendidly thus far, but as you say, issues could always arise later. I guess I'll take what I can get and thank my lucky stars that it's even working!

Reactions: Muckcityjustin

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
One solution that works well against water with you electronics is silica gel. Silica gel for some of you that don't know is those packets that you find inside your shoes or sneakers when you first pull them out of the box. They are used to absorb moisture. Warning: poisonous if consumed. Amazon sells them in different quantities and sizes. This method is better then using rice. I know I'm a little late with the info but for future accidents and people who are unaware on what to do in case of such event. I know it works cause I dropped my phone in water (testing a case) and forgot to place a plug in my earphone jack well long story short my phone stopped working. I ordered the silica gel packets while my phone sat in rice and when I placed the phone in with the silica gel after an hour my phone was working again hope this helps anyone else.

Sent using iCafe app

Reactions: Muckcityjustin