iPhone keeps going back to Home screen

lawgone

Jul 6, 2007
Well, I've just returned from the Apple store. Waited around for a genius who said it sounds like a software issue and recommended using the restore function in iTunes. Of course, that will erase all data on it so I'm going to wait until I get home to do it. I'll follow up with how it goes.

lawgone

Jul 6, 2007
So far so good. I restored my iPhone a few hours ago and it's been working fine. I answered a call at a bar and attracted a crowd - that's never happened with a phone before. I showed off all the various apps for several minutes and no crashes. Hopefully it lasts. I'll post on here again if I have any problems.

lawgone

Jul 6, 2007
Looks like I posted too soon...the phone was crash free Friday evening, all day Saturday and most of Sunday, but then started crashing Sunday evening again. It did it several times - twice in you tube and twice in ipod. I rebooted and it's been running decently since. I've got about 3 more weeks before I can no longer return it. Apple better release an update before then to fix some of the bugs or I'll have to return it.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Looks like I posted too soon...the phone was crash free Friday evening, all day Saturday and most of Sunday, but then started crashing Sunday evening again. It did it several times - twice in you tube and twice in ipod. I rebooted and it's been running decently since. I've got about 3 more weeks before I can no longer return it. Apple better release an update before then to fix some of the bugs or I'll have to return it.
go ahead and return it and they'll give you a new one. Mine doesn't do that.

lawgone

Jul 6, 2007
Well, I did exchange it and the new one is working better although safari and you tube still crash. I'm guessing it will be fixed in an update. Other than that I love the thing.