iPhone orders

KELLIEJOHN

Jun 5, 2007
ST AUGUSTINE, FLORIDA
Just to clarify, the monthly service cost for smartphones=$60 + the cost of a voice plan?

Yes, you'll continue to pay your regular price for your minutes each month. Then you'll have to pay an extra charge of $60.00 + or - depending on how they classify the phone. But that is what makes the phone do everything it was made to do. The email, pictures, texting, and internet.

adamjohn_98

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Yes, you'll continue to pay your regular price for your minutes each month. Then you'll have to pay an extra charge of $60.00 + or - depending on how they classify the phone. But that is what makes the phone do everything it was made to do. The email, pictures, texting, and internet.
Thanks for the clarification, it will interesting to see how they classify it.

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
i have a question we have all been worrying about.
you probably will not have an answer but..

have you heard anything about quantity per store?
how big is your store? how manny are you guys getting?

ppenguin

Jun 5, 2007
I am currently on the pay per plan program and will be wanting to go to the contract plan once the iPhone is out. My money rolls over each month do you know if I can carry this over as credit to a contract plan or if I need to make sure to use it up before the 29th? Also how difficult is it to qualify for credit wise? I have had some past credit issues but was able to get T-mobile and other credit cards with no problem. If it is a problem what type of deposit am I looking at having to pay ?

Thanks

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
Everywhere I see the iPhone, it says "...with a 2-year contract."
Yeah, me too. Are you sure on that? Can you get it from an Apple Store and then not have to pay for the data plan? I harasse- err... asked a Cingular Representative very kindly a few days ago and they said I just needed a two-year-contract.

KELLIEJOHN

Jun 5, 2007
ST AUGUSTINE, FLORIDA
i have a question we have all been worrying about.
you probably will not have an answer but..

have you heard anything about quantity per store?
how big is your store? how manny are you guys getting?
You're right, I don't have an exact answer. We will go by how many people have come in and asked for them already and try to order atleast that many, but Apple may have a quantity control thing, and we may be allowed only so many per store at first. Just like when the Razr came out. They were back ordered forever, now you can buy them all day long.

KELLIEJOHN

Jun 5, 2007
ST AUGUSTINE, FLORIDA
Whoa whoa whoa, what? Are you SERIOUS? is there any way to buy the phone without a data plan? i just want the phone!
A few months ago you could've bought any phone without any data plan. Now since At&t merged, we can't sell a any phone without a dataplan. Except an old Nokia 6030. (one without camera, bluetooth, etc..) This phone will HAVE to have a data plan. But let's keep our fingers crossed that the minimum will be the $19.99 plan and not the Media Max @ $59.99.

KELLIEJOHN

Jun 5, 2007
ST AUGUSTINE, FLORIDA
I am currently on the pay per plan program and will be wanting to go to the contract plan once the iPhone is out. My money rolls over each month do you know if I can carry this over as credit to a contract plan or if I need to make sure to use it up before the 29th? Also how difficult is it to qualify for credit wise? I have had some past credit issues but was able to get T-mobile and other credit cards with no problem. If it is a problem what type of deposit am I looking at having to pay ?

Thanks
You can keep the same phone number going from a Prepaid to postpaid account, but as far as the money going with you, you would have to call the Prepaid Dept, that kind of stuff changes daily. As far as credit, if you've gotten a T-Mobile acct without paying a deposit, more than likely you could get a At&t account with no deposit, if there is one, it could range from $100-800.00. I've seen both. The good thing is that if you do pay a deposit, you get it back in 1 yr credited to your acct., if you make your pymts on time. Otherwise they keep it.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
this is starting to get a bit frustrating...

the whole yes/no with current customers not up for an upgrade, and now the data plan?

they better clarify these things before release day. if the news is bad on both sides for me, then i don't think i'll be getting one of these things.

$60 for data is ridiculous.

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
to kelliejohn

kelliejohn,

i just tried to email you. said you are not accepting emails.

i live in palm coast, 30 minutes south of st. augustine.

i planned on buying the phone here, but if you're a sure thing i have absolutely no problem driving up to st. augustine first thing friday morning the 29th. i'm off that day.

my email's cflamm@dbcc.edu.

drop my a line and i'll give you my phone number.

thanks very much!

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
I seriously doubt it will be the $59.99 PDA Connect plan - that is designed for anyone who is tethering to a laptop. According to historical AT&T/Cingular definitions, any device with a physical QWERTY keyboard is considered a PDA, and is supposed to connect under the $39.99 PDA Connect, and those without a physical QWERTY keyboard are either supposed to be on the $29.99 Smartphone Connect plan or the $19.99 MediaMax plans, unless the user wants to do PAYG or a smaller data bundle. These are subject to change, anyway, and there are always specials that come and go.

The point is that we won't know until the week of the 25th, more than likely. Anything else would be a guess.

masoud90

Bronze
Jun 1, 2007
Ugh they better have different plans for customers...
The phone is expensive as it is...then have a monthly fee+a data plan of 59.99?Are you crazy?they better clarify because I need to know if I will be getting one or not...and I really really really really really hope I will get one:(

twindc23

Bronze
Jan 10, 2007
Ugh they better have different plans for customers...
The phone is expensive as it is...then have a monthly fee+a data plan of 59.99?Are you crazy?they better clarify because I need to know if I will be getting one or not...and I really really really really really hope I will get one:(
I agree with you. Thats way too pricey for a monthly cel phone bill. ATM i have 2 treos with sprint with all the data plan, etc. And im only paying 100 bucks for 1000 shared minutes.
:sick:

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Do you think that there will be a special plan announced exclusively for the iPhone? A data & voice plan together?

timschizzle

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Do you think that there will be a special plan announced exclusively for the iPhone? A data & voice plan together?
I just called AT&T again, and the person i talked to said they have a page in there system that tells them what kind of data plan to use with certain phones. there was nothing on that page about the iPhone, so she sent me to her supervisor, who said that nothing about the data plan for the phone as been relseased for even them to know, and he is still waiting to find out, because he wants to get an iPhone too.

All either of the 2 reps knew was that it will require a data plan that has unlimited data, but they weren't sure if that would be able to be a smartphone plan or a PDA plan, and neither rep has even herad of a special plan just for iPhone. They just started getting limited information when the release date came out, and they expect more info the week leading up to release.

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Thanks, Tim. Jeez, this could potentially become extremely expensive. :\