iPhone Purchase at Best Buy

Draven

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
Does BB Mobile exchange sim cards if you are having issues and you bought your phone there?
Hmm, I can't really say that we do. You might very well be able to get a new SIM card based on whatever particular Mobile manager you deal with. But, normally that aspect of the service is generally best left to AT&T, and they can usually get a new SIM card out within a couple of days, I'd say.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for the response. I actually called over there just a little while ago (it took about 15 min for them to answer...) and they referred me to an ATT store that will swap out my sim at no charge.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
My Best Buy iPhone buying experience was ok. I decided to go there because I have a FAN account which Apple stores can't process for some reason and I might as well get the reward points, too.

So I went in and asked for an 8 gig. The guy replied, "black or white?". I should've had some fun and asked for a white one :)

I then asked if he was able to do FAN accounts, since Apple couldn't. He replied, "Yes, but don't expect the discount to be around long because Apple isn't allowing to allow FAN discounts anymore, according to my rep." I let him know that a lot of times reps are wrong.

Other than that it went smoothly. I was in and out in twenty minutes.
That made me spit my drink out so I wouldn't choke.

Petey07

Oct 3, 2008
I was wondering, IF i purchased my iPhone at bestbuy and decided to cancelled it outside of the 30days trial period, Do i still have to return the phone? I called but they seem like they don't know what they're talking about.

Draven

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
I was wondering, IF i purchased my iPhone at bestbuy and decided to cancelled it outside of the 30days trial period, Do i still have to return the phone? I called but they seem like they don't know what they're talking about.
Nope, you wouldn't have to return the phone. You would, however, have to pay the $175 termination fee.

Petey07

Oct 3, 2008
Nope, you wouldn't have to return the phone. You would, however, have to pay the $175 termination fee.
Thanks! I don't mind paying the ETF, but i jsut want to make sure that i am getting the right information and i am not being charged for things that i don't know about.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
You don't need to return the phone if you cancel within your 30 period either. They will just charge you the ETF and cancel the line.

John-BBY

Nov 7, 2008
Howdy Deke736,

I'm John, one of Best Buy's online community agents. We frequently review online postings to assist individuals with technical issues. In this case, I wanted to thank you for posting about your store experience. I'm happy that you found Best Buy to be a good alternative for your purchase and we look forward to having you visit again!

Sincerely,
John
Best Buy Community Connector
http://forums.bestbuy.com

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Howdy Deke736,

I'm John, one of Best Buy's online community agents. We frequently review online postings to assist individuals with technical issues. In this case, I wanted to thank you for posting about your store experience. I'm happy that you found Best Buy to be a good alternative for your purchase and we look forward to having you visit again!

Sincerely,
John
Best Buy Community Connector
http://forums.bestbuy.com

Wow, that's kind of cool. Nice to see that Best Buy is checking up on it's own performance. Perhaps this is part of Circuit City's demise.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
With the economy being as it is, let's hope these large retailers start realizing that word they forgot about such a long time ago "customer service", still exists.

Poor customer service was what caused Circuit City to die. They only have themselves to blame for that!

Wow, that's kind of cool. Nice to see that Best Buy is checking up on it's own performance. Perhaps this is part of Circuit City's demise.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I agree ravman, they really dropped the ball with customer service. In fact their worry free guarantee is a joke. I showed them a laptop from Office Max that was lower priced and the exact same model. They wouldn't match the price "That's below our cost." Amazing, I am actually happy to see them go. It's too bad they failed to realize that happy customers come back, pissed ones go elsewhere.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I agree ravman, they really dropped the ball with customer service. In fact their worry free guarantee is a joke. I showed them a laptop from Office Max that was lower priced and the exact same model. They wouldn't match the price "That's below our cost." Amazing, I am actually happy to see them go. It's too bad they failed to realize that happy customers come back, pissed ones go elsewhere.
I don't see how you can fault a company for deciding to not proceed with a transaction they would have lost money on... you act like you're entitled to that product at that price.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I like Best Buy and always have. They're a corporation that is out to make businesss and I go into the stores with that understanding. Most of the time I leave satisfied.

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
The thing that I hate about my best buy is that eventhough when you walk into the store in your engulfed in electronics...My best seems to have like a 5 dollar tax on everything from games that are already $60 dollars to little strategy guides :mad:

flipper421

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Oregon
When I heard about Best Buy selling iPhones was about 45 days after I purchased my 3g I would have rather given them the businesss and purchased the insurance as well.

Before best buy I got screwed on every extended warranty I ever purchased.

That all stopped when I began purchasing from Best Buy I have had excellent customer service from them on many items over the past 9 years ranging from Computers, Digital Camera's, Phones you name it. I have had 5 or 6 product replacements, many times after a year or better and they were replaced with current technology at what I paid for the item originally which in many cases allowed me to buy into the next level above it and still have money to spend on other items.

Anytime I ever had to bring the same item in for the third time I requested replacement and received it. No questions or no hassles.

Why is it that some people can get satisfaction and others cannot? Could it be the way they approach the sales staff? Who knows, all I can say is I would not think about purchasing my electronics elsewhere and when my wife decides to get an iPhone we will use Best Buy.