iPhone says not available for FaceTime?

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
What am I doing wrong? My wife is in Atlanta and has WiFi and the iPhone 4 and I'm at home with the ipad 2 and WiFi. I open Facetime on my ipad and choose her iPhone, it rings 2-3 times and says she is not available for FaceTime. I am texting her and nothing is coming through on her end.

Help please!:confused:

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Thanks. She said that it was on already. I've already asked her to restart the phone.

Then come to find out facetime WASN'T! So we got it going now. Thank You!

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Your wife is broken.. Take her to the Apple Store and see what they can give you..

JUST KIDDING.. (I hope he has a sense of humor)
No joke! I asked her if it was on and she's like "of course do you think I'm an idiot?" .................... Silence......... Of course not baby! But it was funny 10 minutes later when I asked her to double check the menu and she was like "oh I bet this is what you meant, why didn't you just say so!" #>|#%?£^¥*~

smudgeyjoe

Bronze
Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
You have probably seen this by now, Mickey, but one of the things the iOS
Update was supposed to address is FaceTime issues, and this definitely is an issue.

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
In your wife's defense, I've had this turn off randomly before. Not since iOS 4.0 though.
This is all in fun of course... But she was in the airport and I'm at home trying to get a solution to FaceTime with her and someone suggests making sure the feature is turned on. It turns out that she didn't see it immediately in settings so to her it was on. I'm the geek in this family. I then remembered that and had her verify that it was on by going through the menus and then she was like, "oh is this what you mean?" Really funny stuff.

If you guys tick me off I'll let her join EIC! lol

kyleplusitunes

Silver
Jun 25, 2010
Same thing happened to me... I later found out the problem wasn't with my iPhone though, but rather my wife didn't want me to see who was keeping her company while she was away!