iPhone Screenshot Thread

unknownentry

Bronze
modmyiPhone is down :(

does anyone have a tutorial on how to change the text in various places on the phone, like the shutdown, or unlock text, ?
Here is the file you can change all the text in various places. Open it in WordPad, Ctrl+F to find what you are looking for, and save as...SpringBoard.strings outside the "Original" folder so you can always have a copy of the original SpringBoard.strings. I hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else.

ModMyiPhone is down because they are upgrading the server to be able to run a skinning app (I know a little more about what it is going to be exactly, but I was sworn to secrecy by poetic_folly - It will be awesome once they get the server up and running). It should be pretty sweet. I would post a link to what I'm talking about, but the site is down...IT IS KILLING ME - The site down that is!

Last edited by a moderator:

speedemonV12

thanks for that... ya i was in the modmyiPhone irc channel last night.. they said it would be up by 1am EST, but its still down... i was so pumped to get to theming this morning.. but no luck :(

unknownentry

Bronze
Sometimes in technology there are problems that you run into when doing stuff like this. They will have it working soon enough...Just be patient!:cool:

daviddjr

New skinning app

so this new skinning app that will be on modmyiPhone is it going to be a easy program to change you theme? And your right I love that web site its strange how I miss getting info on there. D

unknownentry

Bronze
It is a little glitchy. I haven't gotten a them to create yet, but they will be coming out with a guide on how to do everything. I do know that it is a ONE (1) line command to install the theme! Now it won't get any easier than this! :laugh2:

daviddjr

Wow that will be nice, r u getting any idea how long before they release it? Will we be able to use the themes already made with this process? D:)

unknownentry

Bronze
Wow that will be nice, r u getting any idea how long before they release it? Will we be able to use the themes already made with this process? D:)
It is released...Click on the link. It just won't create the skin for me. I think it has something to do with ActivePERL, but I am at work and haven't had time to mess with it. I just saw it last night around 1 am so it hasn't been out long.

Like I said though, I'm just going to wait on a guide and then start skinning!

To answer your question, YES, you will just browse for the icons/wallpapers/any other image you want and it loads it. Then just drag & drop it on the iPhone.

hoits2000

Bronze
Can someone make me an icon for the photos icon, right now I have one that looks like a stack of photos laying on top of eachother with the top photo being a picture of outer space, can someone make me a the same style but with this picture on top? Its My myspace pic.

Thanks!

unknownentry

Bronze
teriyakiboy13 said:
can i get your homescreen icons please?
My hard drive crashed and I lost some of my iPhone modding files. That icon set was one that I lost. It is one of the GunMetal themes that are on ModMyiPhone

If I remember correctly, I had compiled them from the different themes. There are several GunMetal themes. Sorry I couldn't get the exact icons to you. I feel bad, but let me know if you need any help. :sick: