iPhone Unlimted Data Plan Petition

cc578544

Oct 5, 2010
AT&T has decided to take away the unlimited data plan for iPhones which charges those customers extra should they use more than 2gb in a month. This is a petition to bring back the unlimited data for iPhones. Please sign and forward even if you don't have an iPhone because this is an unfairness that can't be allowed.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/iudpp/petition.html

Joedogg

Bronze
Jul 27, 2010
AT&T has decided to take away the unlimited data plan for iPhones which charges those customers extra should they use more than 2gb in a month. This is a petition to bring back the unlimited data for iPhones. Please sign and forward even if you don't have an iPhone because this is an unfairness that can't be allowed.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/iudpp/petition.html
If you had the unlimited plan before thay did it you got grandfathered o. With your unlimited plan

imotionb18

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
Houston, Tx
Eventually they will take away unlimited data even if you were grandfathered in I think. This might be one of the only reasons I would switch to another carrier. (if anyone will offer unlimited data).

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
If they actually do take away everyone's unlimited data plan, you can guarantee there will be a mass exodus from AT&T to other cellular carriers that offer android-based phones unhindered by greedy corporate decisions like these that tend to incriminate the consumer for merely utilizing their phone's features. People shouldn't feel penalized by companies just because they wish to make the most use of the devices they've purchased. And this isn't just limited to AT&T... Verizon, I'm looking at you, too!

FavreFan77

Bronze
Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Sadly this was coming for a while, folks. The study they did to show what % of Att users who use net services was just an excuse to dump unlimited data plans. Why give data unlimited plans when they can charge for it? If I didn't have wifi at home, I would surely have to watch my gig usage.

There won't be any mass exodus from Att if they eventually dump ALL unlimited data plans because if Att is doing it (and it's successful for making more $) then every carrier will do it. There is the hard fact that many would go over and incur overage charges. Just like with minutes.

What bothers me more is the crap Internet providers are starting to do. Charging tier pricing on net usage. Now that is something to worry about. Saw that one coming years ago.....

Misie

Bronze
Jun 14, 2010
Louisiana
What I think would be wrong is like when they do away with let's say certain cell mins plans customers who had them before plan changed are kept on them some has same ones from 10+ years ago but for the people who are grandfathered in to the unlimited plan like me have a chance to lose it? To me that would mean a lot of pissed off people including me. I don't go near the 2 gig mark but who knows one month away from my wifi and BAM!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

David Chu

Bronze
Jul 11, 2010
Portland, ME
I wouldn't have been able to get an iPhone or any smartphone if there was only the $30 unlimited plan. So I'm happy.

cc578544

Oct 5, 2010
The point is not to do away with the other plans bit to add the unlimited back the choices so those who want it can have it your signature would be greatly appreciated

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Trust you me, this makes them bucketloads of money on their end. It's definitely a corporate decision that ultimately stiffs the consumer, if this is indeed true. Being a cog in the machine of Corporate America, I've learned the hard way, unfortunately that a corporation's responsibility lies with the shareholders and not their employees; profit as the bottom line will always rule out in the end.

richardya

Silver
Sep 24, 2007
I think this is a good move by AT&T and if people use 40 times more data than I they should pay.
Maybe this will make other options cheaper.
Unlimited data usage is not in the constitution.

iPhoneGina

Aug 7, 2010
I will add my name but I like the tiered data plan. With wifi I actually save $15 a month. But I understand where you're coming from.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Ok I don't understand this one...are they gonna suddenly remove my unlimited data plan even if I was "grandfathered" in and had the plan for almost a year before they decided to not allow new iPhone buyers to sign up for unlimited anymore?

If they can take it away after I've already signed up for it then AT&T will officially piss me off for the first time ever.

Kc15

Oct 25, 2010
Ugh

I think that it's a bad idea for AT&T to have gotten rid of the unlimited data plan...yeah all of you say that it was he best thing to do and such but reality is in the future everyone will be using the Internet more and if you do go over it it would come more expensive to us the users. why have to worry about how much data you are using all the time I don't think it should be that way and If as someone mentioned what if it works out for them the. Every carrier will start doing the same thing. I think it will benefit us more to be able to have an unlimited data plan. In the future the comin generation will need an unlimited data plan due to the fact that technology is only goig to advance more and more which means more apps more Internet usage etc. I am a college student and I know that I definitely use more than 2gb a month because of the many things that need to be done ... Such as school work, assignments, I think it's best if we have the option to have an unlimited plan or not...in the end we are paying for their Services and we should be happy instead of just worrying more and more! I really wish that AT&T would bring that back I don't need another stress becauSe of a data plan.