iPhone video at Apple.com

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
wait....
idk if this was already said b/c i am in a rush....
but can u use songs as ringtones?
if not, ill still get it...
but i will be so upset
i'm sure those were just the ringtones that were already included with the phone.

i remember a picture from the macworld demo of a tab in iTunes for Ringtones. i'm 99% sure there will be other ringtones.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
according to Kolizion, there will be some "creativity" as far as ringtones go....
I'm guessing that will mean we can bring our own custom files in...

What I wanna see, is the ability to just take a current MP3 file that's stored on the phone, and name a queue point in the file to start playing audio, upon the phone ringing. Like setting a start and end marker for the ringtone. That would be nice. That way you wouldn't have to create your own custom WAV or MP3 files to use as ringtones, when you already have the song on your phone.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Wow. What an incredible little device. Can't wait for next week.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Why would it only support Yahoo? That would make no sense... imap is about as open as a protocol as you can get.
I don't think you are following. Push email does not equal IMAP. While IMAP and POP are supported from just about any service that supports those protocols, push email, as far as I understand, is only supported from Yahoo on the iPhone.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
This video made people I work with say they want one now too, even after they have been saying all along I am crazy for wanting one so badly. My biggest worry now is the fact that this may increase the lines at the store. I want to be first in line so I am starting my camping night at noon on the 28th. Hope I am first.:cool:

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
I don't think you are following. Push email does not equal IMAP. While IMAP and POP are supported from just about any service that supports those protocols, push email, as far as I understand, is only supported from Yahoo on the iPhone.
You are correct Joe, but I'm getting nervous because there has been NO mention of it lately.

asdiphone

Jun 17, 2007
anyone noticed how the time never changed for 20 mins? and its the same time as always.........even before on other commercials
Yeah, i mentioned it earlier in this post, but had no response, i guess it is not important.

i do find it odd that they are still only showing us what i am guessing is a computer generated demo's less than a week before the launch. I could be wrong, by why else would every demo, commercial etc be set at 9.42am.

9.41am is the time on SJ's keynote

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
Yeah, i mentioned it earlier in this post, but had no response, i guess it is not important.

i do find it odd that they are still only showing us what i am guessing is a computer generated demo's less than a week before the launch. I could be wrong, by why else would every demo, commercial etc be set at 9.42am.

9.41am is the time on SJ's keynote
it's not a computer generated demo...watch it again...you see the reflection of the fingers on the metallic 'ring' around the outside...and you see the guy's hand actually bump and wiggle the iPhone toward the beginning of the demo.

is it too hard to believe that the clock is just programmed at 9:42 for marketing purposes?

personally, i'm getting a little tired of listening to Anna Haro, looking at photos of my trip to Italy with those little boys in every picture, and planning trips for seafood and sushi around san francisco...but you don't see me complaining.

asdiphone

Jun 17, 2007
it's not a computer generated demo...watch it again...you see the reflection of the fingers on the metallic 'ring' around the outside...and you see the guy's hand actually bump and wiggle the iPhone toward the beginning of the demo.

is it too hard to believe that the clock is just programmed at 9:42 for marketing purposes?

personally, i'm getting a little tired of listening to Anna Haro, looking at photos of my trip to Italy with those little boys in every picture, and planning trips for seafood and sushi around san francisco...but you don't see me complaining.
ok, so not computer generated, but clearly not what we are going to be buying on Friday. I don't think we are going to be able to "program" our time.

we have a lot of very smart guys in this forum... can anyone explain to me the purpose of having the same time on all the commercials, displays etc?

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
ok, so not computer generated, but clearly not what we are going to be buying on Friday. I don't think we are going to be able to "program" our time.

we have a lot of very smart guys in this forum... can anyone explain to me the purpose of having the same time on all the commercials, displays etc?
The only reason i can think of is for marketing purposes. It's a small/detailed touch, but then again, Apple is known for its attention to detail.

I made reference to the Anna Haro, the Italy trip photos, the sushi map seach because you see them all the time....over and over again. it's not coincidence...it's marketing.

The marketing is much more asthetically pleasing when no matter where the photo/video is published, it is of the same thing. Not different times all over the place, not different photos, not different videos (zoolander, pirates, etc.) It's just not as "pretty"...and we all know how much Apple worries about that.

asdiphone

Jun 17, 2007
The only reason i can think of is for marketing purposes. It's a small/detailed touch, but then again, Apple is known for its attention to detail.

I made reference to the Anna Haro, the Italy trip photos, the sushi map seach because you see them all the time....over and over again. it's not coincidence...it's marketing.

The marketing is much more asthetically pleasing when no matter where the photo/video is published, it is of the same thing. Not different times all over the place, not different photos, not different videos (zoolander, pirates, etc.) It's just not as "pretty"...and we all know how much Apple worries about that.
thanks ...

luckfam

Bronze
May 31, 2007
I mentioned this before but didn't see anything about "password protection". I'm sure that it is-at least I hope so:)

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I mentioned this before but didn't see anything about "password protection". I'm sure that it is-at least I hope so:)
Yeah, it has to have something like this; it's on the iPod. I'd hate for anyone to be able to browse the stuff on my iPhone. :eek:

bluetiger20

Jun 3, 2007
Oregon
very nice find ... watch the full 20 minutes (twice over).

I do hope that the actual device works as smoothly as the this demo (from coverflow to scrolling). Not sure if any of you noticed that the time was 9.42am for the full lenght of the video. Hence this was computer generated rather than him really using the iPhone.
actually, if u notice in the settings menu, it shows Usage time, and it MOVES during the video

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
i don't know if anyone cares but the iPhone on the video is the actually size...fyi
Um, how does that work? I'm watching it on a 50" screen, I hope the iPhone isn't that big. If that is the actually size I don't think it will fit in my pocket!

slgynn29

Bronze
May 23, 2007
Um, how does that work? I'm watching it on a 50" screen, I hope the iPhone isn't that big. If that is the actually size I don't think it will fit in my pocket!
well i watched it on my iBook and put my video iPod up to it and it was a 1/2 inch taller which the iPhone is...i don't think it is the exact size but pretty close