iPhone vs Samsung (ENOUGH ALREADY)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Apple does seem to bring out strong emotions in people on both "sides". I don't remember these kinds of heated arguments between WinMo and Symbian camps. Sure, they debated the benefits of their platform, but I don't recall anyone ever calling someone a "fanboy" before the iPhone came around. It's really gotten quite absurd.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Sorry but there will ALWAYS be a 'fight' like this. That's what makes products and manufactures 'better'.

I want everyone to do what I do, walk with two of the latest devices :)

Just kidding...

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Apple does seem to bring out strong emotions in people on both "sides". I don't remember these kinds of heated arguments between WinMo and Symbian camps. Sure, they debated the benefits of their platform, but I don't recall anyone ever calling someone a "fanboy" before the iPhone came around. It's really gotten quite absurd.
That's why I went with the SNES vs Genesis argument. That was the first time I remember there being a fanboy sentiment. Phones not so much till the iPhone. I think it involves the belief of the owner of the hardware and software vs the open system. I just like new gadgets regardless of manufacturer. It just so happens that the iPhone has won my dollar the last few years. It also makes it harder to leave since I'm so tied into their ecosystem.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I agree...ENOUGH ALREADY!

I'm all for competition, but these arguments about what phone is better is simply ridiculous now...

Just buy the phone you like, and shut up about it...
None are better. They all have areas where they excel. Guess that's why I can't ever have a phone longer than 2 months. I agree...it's a silly argument. With all the issues there are in this world today and there are fanboys that will fight to death making a case that their phone or whatever is better....crazy.

I used to think there was a better. But really the only thing that is best is what suits our individual needs. It amazes me that people will try to force what works best for them on other people. I guess with all the devices I've gone through I've learned to keep an open mind. There are many areas (to me) that Android smokes iOS. There are also many areas that iOS is ahead of Android. I'll have something to say about Windows phone once I have a Lumia 920 in my hands.

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
I'll say this. People that argue about their phone being better then the one I have are just trying to justify their purchase. I met someone at a barbershop that had a HTC evo on Sprint and at the time I had an iPhone 4 (this was around when the iPhone 4 was released) and he was making fun of my phone by pretending he didn't know the name of my phone. He went on telling me that it was like having a computer in your pocket and that he had a hotspot feature which at the time the iPhone didn't have. Bragging that he could connect up to 5 devices to his network. He then pulled out a laptop and started to show off. My reply to him was if your phone is so great and it can do so many things why are you walking around with a laptop. Can't your phone do everything your laptop can? I asked him. Of course he went on and on about Android vs iOS. A year later iPhone 4s came out on Sprint and guess who went and got one lol.

nikkisixx102

Android Killer
Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I'm not sure why this topic started on everythingicafe? Shouldn't we all have the belief that the iPhone is superior and if not we need to leave and find "our" forum? And shouldn't the Samsung people be annoyed with us talking good about our phone? Instead, the forum is polluted with only problems that we have(since where else should iFreaks with questions go?)... After all, Samsung is taking swings at us. Lets show them what happens when a company actually has fans that line up :) If the iPhone DID have 1 huge feature that made it the best phone(without a doubt), we would ALLLLLLL be bragging, but unfortunately the best ideas have already been taken from Apple and incorporated into competition. :). I love my iPhone, iPad, iMac, MacBook... I probably won't EVER buy another Samsung product because their commercials have put an un-brushable taste in my mouth :) or I'm just a fanboy, however you personally want to view it. I just loved my first iPod and it led me to purchasing Apple products if they were in the market of a product I was needing. The only exception: the iPad :p.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
The iPhone is so superior that Siri refers to herself in the third person.

The most interesting man in the world doesn't always use a cell phone but when he does it is an iPhone.

An iPhone once punched Chuck Norris....... and he cried.

Steven Segal cut his ponytail for the iPhone.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
If Samsung is so great, sorry, if Android is So great, why do they spend billions of dollars a year just to basically muck the iPhone and Apple? I don't see Apple doing that. Oh wait, Apple did the same thing with Microsoft and all the "I, I'm a Mac and I'm a PC" commercials, just because Microsoft was and still is the one to beat, so now Android is doing the same exact thing. Android knows who's the top dog, the one to beat, the only difference is that Apple has a good taste and are fun, Android doesn't, just like Android phone users, lame commercials and even lamer phones. I propose peace right now :D

Reactions: RoofMonkey

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
If Samsung is so great, sorry, if Android is So great, why do they spend billions of dollars a year just to basically muck the iPhone and Apple? I don't see Apple doing that. Oh wait, Apple did the same thing with Microsoft and all the "I, I'm a Mac and I'm a PC" commercials, just because Microsoft was and still is the one to beat, so now Android is doing the same exact thing. Android knows who's the top dog, the one to beat, the only difference is that Apple has a good taste and are fun, Android doesn't, just like Android phone users, lame commercials and even lamer phones. I propose peace right now :D
How can you make that last statement and propose peace? That's like punching someone in the face and saying "just kidding". It's ridiculous for one to say Android users "don't have good taste and aren't fun". That's like a kid in high school being picked on because he doesn't have the "it" brand of clothing. We all like different things and itd be a sad place if we all lived with the exact same tastes. I love my iPhone 5 but I'm also open minded enough to see that Apple users benefit from the existence of Android. Android has been the one pushing the envelope of innovation for some time now. In fact most of the newer notable features on the iPhone in the last two years have been available on Android for quite a while. People need to realize we benefit from the competition. And as far as top dog, the iPhone is the top selling individual phone but Android wins in a landslide over iOS in terms of market share. Not necessarily a good thing as Apple's locking their software to their hardware makes for a well polished product but there is no clearly defined "top dog".

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
aggieman said:
I love my iPhone 5 but I'm also open minded enough to see that Apple users benefit from the existence of Android. Android has been the one pushing the envelope of innovation for some time now.
Impossible to say with certainty, but I'm of the school of thought that the iPhone would have progressed just as much (or at least almost as much) without Android as it has with Android. I think Android mistakenly gets some of the credit that is rightfully due to iOS jailbreak app developers. The first Android smartphone was released a couple years after the first iPhone, and there were plenty of hardware and software advancements in the iPhone in those two years. Apple still had to find ways to get us to upgrade our iPhones before the serious competitors hit the scene. Many of the software features that we see make it to the big iOS updates, such as multitasking and copy and paste, were available on jailbroken phones before Android smartphones were. Apple just wanted to perfect them before releasing them as a stock features.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Competition is good for the consumer ... I had a Galaxy S3 and it was nice but I did not like the plastic, ... Comparisons are cool in my book because the iPhone is not for everyone..
On a side note, I saw a YouTube of a SquareTrade drop test between the S3 & an iPhone 5. I know which one I'll get ... YMMV

Any impatience you show will only create more stress.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
How can you make that last statement and propose peace? That's like punching someone in the face and saying "just kidding". It's ridiculous for one to say Android users "don't have good taste and aren't fun". That's like a kid in high school being picked on because he doesn't have the "it" brand of clothing. We all like different things and itd be a sad place if we all lived with the exact same tastes. I love my iPhone 5 but I'm also open minded enough to see that Apple users benefit from the existence of Android. Android has been the one pushing the envelope of innovation for some time now. In fact most of the newer notable features on the iPhone in the last two years have been available on Android for quite a while. People need to realize we benefit from the competition. And as far as top dog, the iPhone is the top selling individual phone but Android wins in a landslide over iOS in terms of market share. Not necessarily a good thing as Apple's locking their software to their hardware makes for a well polished product but there is no clearly defined "top dog".
I was kidding, I'm guessing you missed the smily face? I blame the template.