iPhone vs Samsung (ENOUGH ALREADY)

nikkisixx102

Android Killer
Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Important Safety Tip for the Day. Any Samsung power cord can double as a toothpick and dental floss in certain emergencies. Another win for Samsung I believe. ;-)
The lightning cable doubles as a breath mint for emergency situations in the bedroom... Try it for yourself!

Apple takes the lead, like always!

;)

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Impossible to say with certainty, but I'm of the school of thought that the iPhone would have progressed just as much (or at least almost as much) without Android as it has with Android. I think Android mistakenly gets some of the credit that is rightfully due to iOS jailbreak app developers. The first Android smartphone was released a couple years after the first iPhone, and there were plenty of hardware and software advancements in the iPhone in those two years. Apple still had to find ways to get us to upgrade our iPhones before the serious competitors hit the scene. Many of the software features that we see make it to the big iOS updates, such as multitasking and copy and paste, were available on jailbroken phones before Android smartphones were. Apple just wanted to perfect them before releasing them as a stock features.
ios has true multitasking? humm that's funny my ipad3 running the latest version of ios doesn't seem to have it.
everytime i am watching a video and try to text someone at the same time my video goes off can you please tell me
what settings i have to set to get this feature? or did i just miss an update? and the whole Apple just waits
to make it perfect before releasing it. you mean like the new map app? i know that it was "beta" but to be honest
it should be more like "alpha"

Bambamone3

Sep 19, 2012
I was thinking the same thing. Pretty dumb if you ask me. Lol

No what's pretty dumb is you missing the point of the post. So I'll explain. The point is to tell people to get over it. Pick the phone you like and what suits you. Each phone has its owns perks. So get whats better suited for you and stop the arguments.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
ios has true multitasking? humm that's funny my ipad3 running the latest version of ios doesn't seem to have it.
everytime i am watching a video and try to text someone at the same time my video goes off can you please tell me
what settings i have to set to get this feature? or did i just miss an update? and the whole Apple just waits
to make it perfect before releasing it. you mean like the new map app? i know that it was "beta" but to be honest
it should be more like "alpha"
You missed my point. Backgrounder was true multitasking, and that's what I was referring to. I just wanted to point out that the idea was there and available (non-stock) before Android was around. Apple had their reasons (mainly battery drain and resource consumption) for implementing "freezing" rather than true multitasking.

You know you can have in-app texting with BiteSMS if you want it. And yes, I agree with you, Apple really should include this feature on stock iPhones.

Maps has worked great for me so far. It is a beta and it will improve over the years. Google maps had plenty of room to grow when it was a beta as well.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
You missed my point. Backgrounder was true multitasking, and that's what I was referring to. I just wanted to point out that the idea was there and available (non-stock) before Android was around. Apple had their reasons (mainly battery drain) for implementing "freezing" rather than true multitasking.

You know you can have in app texting with BiteSMS if you want it. And yes, I agree with you, Apple really should include this feature on stock iPhones.

Maps has worked great for me so far. It is a beta and it will improve over the years. Google maps had plenty of room to grow when it was a beta as well.
Apple is a bit slow to add new features. I think both Europa and RomX have good points. The notifications in iOS were designed by the guy that created that notification jailbreak app. Apple hired him to develop the notifications, so they definitely look at what is going on in the JB community. As Android and iOS mature, both OSes will force each other to add new features and this is good for the customers as new features are awesome.

What I think is missed here is that the average consumer does not jailbreak/mod their phone. Both my Mom and my wife have iPhones and they have no interest in modding their devices at all. I on the other hand have had all of the iPhones since the original and have always jailbroke my devices to add functionality and to add features. The only thing I like about my HTC One X is that I can theme it and add features (i.e. theming my SMS app) without having to jailbreak.

The one thing that I really like about Android is the ability to download and access files directly on the phone without having to jailbreak or root. As an example I can download a ringtone and apply it to my phone (including moving it to a different directory) without needing to use my Mac. I wish that the iPhone had that ability out of the box.

~S

nikkisixx102

Android Killer
Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Why lock a thread. I think the Android people are just here to troll? Why in the hell are you here if you don't like iAnything? I own a Camaro and people don't come on Camaro5 forums to talk about how great mustangs are or that the new model can beat a Camaro in 0-60 by a tenth of a second. This is the EXACT SAME THING. Chevy makes a car one year that beats ford, the next year ford makes something to beat Chevy, then Chevy comes out with a better model etc... Go to some FAndroid sites, let us discuss about the originators ;)

nikkisixx102

Android Killer
Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Apple is a bit slow to add new features. I think both Europa and RomX have good points. The notifications in iOS were designed by the guy that created that notification jailbreak app. Apple hired him to develop the notifications, so they definitely look at what is going on in the JB community. As Android and iOS mature, both OSes will force each other to add new features and this is good for the customers as new features are awesome.

What I think is missed here is that the average consumer does not jailbreak/mod their phone. Both my Mom and my wife have iPhones and they have no interest in modding their devices at all. I on the other hand have had all of the iPhones since the original and have always jailbroke my devices to add functionality and to add features. The only thing I like about my HTC One X is that I can theme it and add features (i.e. theming my SMS app) without having to jailbreak.

The one thing that I really like about Android is the ability to download and access files directly on the phone without having to jailbreak or root. As an example I can download a ringtone and apply it to my phone (including moving it to a different directory) without needing to use my Mac. I wish that the iPhone had that ability out of the box.

~S
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349903017.722787.jpg

Sorry you can't move them to different directories? Whatever that entails.

nikkisixx102

Android Killer
Bronze
Jun 13, 2007

~S
View attachment 25655

Somebody delete this duplicate please. I can't find out how to on tapatalk.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Why lock a thread. I think the Android people are just here to troll? Why in the hell are you here if you don't like iAnything? I own a Camaro and people don't come on Camaro5 forums to talk about how great mustangs are or that the new model can beat a Camaro in 0-60 by a tenth of a second. This is the EXACT SAME THING. Chevy makes a car one year that beats ford, the next year ford makes something to beat Chevy, then Chevy comes out with a better model etc... Go to some FAndroid sites, let us discuss about the originators ;)

Funny. This isn't a fan site. I don't believe it says that anywhere. And if you were referring to my posts I'm not an Android fan, Apple fan, or anything fan. I'm a fan of technology. I have no loyalties. I'm objective enough to see that every product I buy has flaws and don't try to justify my purchase by defending it anytime I see something in a forum that I may perceive as negative towards that device. Over the 5 years I've been here I've seen plenty of rational dialogue comparing iOS and Android or whatever other competitor you want to mention. I haven't seen any trolling in this thread to be honest. You might want to read up on the definition of trolling. Debating the pros and cons of devices in a rational manner is most certainly not trolling. Saying a few positive things about Android is not trolling either. If people are that sensitive then they might consider staying off of forums. And for the record my device of choice at the moment is an iPhone 5 and I sold off my Galaxy S3. I've had every iPhone since the original with the exception of the 4s which I skipped and for the moment I'm glad to have an iPhone again.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I think jmp316 was joking since threads with this topic sometimes degenerate to name-calling, insults and bickering. But there is no need to lock this thread based on what has been said so far. The topic lends itself to a never-ending discussion, and we mostly rehash points that have repeatedly been made, but this topic for debate is fine and we'll keep discussing it as long as people stay respectful while making their points.

Reactions: aggieman

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
View attachment 25655

He's talking about a true file manager. Similar to Finder on the mac and Windows Explorer on pc. Able to download files on the internet from the browser and able to access them on the phone. Most smartphone operating systems have had this ability (Symbian, Windows Mobile, Blackberry, etc.) but the iPhone you are limited to what you can sync over iTunes, what few file formats Apple will allow you to download from email, or what you can purchase on the device through iTunes and the App Store. To a lot of people this is a big deal. Not really one to me although it'd be nice to have that ability if the need ever arises.