iPhone vs Samsung (ENOUGH ALREADY)

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I think jmp316 was joking since threads with this topic sometimes degenerate to name-calling, insults and bickering. But there is no need to lock this thread based on what has been said so far. The topic lends itself to a never-ending discussion, and we mostly rehash points that have repeatedly been made, but this topic for debate is fine and we'll keep discussing it as long as people stay respectful while making their points.

this thread is nothing. You should see some of them at Androidcentral or in the comments on BGR posts. Talk about some crazy, rabid 13 year old fanatics.

nikkisixx102

Android Killer
Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
It's called everythingicafe, it's a fan site... And you can argue with me all day about that, I don't know the "true definition" of fan site. However, I do remember being on here when it was called everythingiPhone. I guess that doesn't mean that iPhone users are most welcome....

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's called everythingicafe, it's a fan site... And you can argue with me all day about that, I don't know the "true definition" of fan site. However, I do remember being on here when it was called everythingiPhone. I guess that doesn't mean that iPhone users are most welcome....
Regardless if it's a fan site or not, everyone who abides by the rules is welcome on this forum. We aren't going to stifle discussion or exclude non-fans from discussions that take place here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rom x

nikkisixx102

Android Killer
Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I believe we have all gotten off topic....

Andriods suck :) battery.

Speaking of batteries, wouldn't it be cool if the headphone case that came with the iPhone 5 doubled as a charger? I know the cube and wire aren't that bulky to carry, but it would be cool to always have everything in my pocket. I never heard too much from anyone about that case, but I think it's awesome! Slim and fits in any pocket (I put mine in my back pocket, wallet in the other back, iPhone in left front, keys front right).

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I believe we have all gotten off topic....

Andriods suck :) battery.

Speaking of batteries, wouldn't it be cool if the headphone case that came with the iPhone 5 doubled as a charger? I know the cube and wire aren't that bulky to carry, but it would be cool to always have everything in my pocket. I never heard too much from anyone about that case, but I think it's awesome! Slim and fits in any pocket (I put mine in my back pocket, wallet in the other back, iPhone in left front, keys front right).
There isn't much empty space there in the case when the headphones are in it for actual battery, though. ;)

I have a Mophie external charger that provides about 1 & 1/4 full charges. It's small enough to carry in a purse or pocket. Of course, it has the old-style charging port so I'll need to order a new one when they are ready or use an adapter for now.
http://www.mophie.com/

dd.jpg

It's longer than the earphone case, but it's much thinner.
IMG_0233.JPG

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
There isn't much empty space there in the case when the headphones are in it for actual battery, though. ;)

I have a Mophie external charger that provides about 1 & 1/4 full charges. It's small enough to carry in a purse or pocket. Of course, it has the old-style charging port so I'll need to order a new one when they are ready or use an adapter for now.
http://www.mophie.com/

View attachment 25662

It's longer than the earphone case, but it's much thinner.
View attachment 25661
That mophie is worth every penny and then some.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
View attachment 25655
Sorry you can't move them to different directories? Whatever that entails.
I meant having a file manager to allow me to put files where I want them. As for the ringtone image that you posted, I was not talking about purchasing ringtones on the phone, I was speaking of emailing/mmsing a ringtone to the iPhone. With my One X I was able to download the file, move it to my ringtone directory and apply it to a contact, all without a need to convert and sync it through iTunes. I just wish the iPhone had that ability.

~S

Reactions: RoofMonkey

nikkisixx102

Android Killer
Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Sounds like you just want other people's work for free. I would love if Mötley Crüe sent me their entire catalog by email, but I believe gmail has a 25mb limit. Should I complain about gmail now?

I understand you want freedom of choice, but why would Apple need to show directories of the iPhone? I just can't see a need for that. Part of innovation is change for the better. My old palm pilot had directories. It also had a "start" menu :)! That's what we need, a start menu in the bottom left. I'm emailing Tim right now!
Apple is trying to help make our lives easier. You either take their hand and help make them billions or you help their competition create a fair fight. Or both! Because Steve would LOVE to know you carry a droid in your other pocket....(turns in grave)