iPhoneRingToneMaker is here

HarleyS

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Sarasota Florida
Click the "Manage my ringtones" button at the top, and it will bring up a list of your current ringtones. Highlight the one you want to delete, and click the "Delete" button at the bottom of the screen.

And HarleyS, if you convert one of your iTunes songs to an mp3 in order to use it with this program, I think you can adjust the volume through iTunes. You just have to right click on the song, then go to Options, and there's a slider for "Volume adjustment."

I haven't tried it, but I think if you adjusted the volume and then converted, it should make the ringtone louder.
When i right click on a song in iTunes I see something that says "convert selection to AAC" but that all for converting. Also there is nothing that says options. Am I looking in the wrong place?

falsetigerlimbs

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
When i right click on a song in iTunes I see something that says "convert selection to AAC" but that all for converting. Also there is nothing that says options. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Hah, sorry, I gave incomplete instructions. I wasn't looking at iTunes at the time.

Right click and go to "Get info", and then click on the tab labeled "Options"

Again, I'm not positive this will work. lol. Tell me if it does.

PoloJag

Jul 24, 2007
I was hesitant to try the jailbeak method out, but I did try this out. It is really easy to use. It sucks that its $10, but better than those lame ringtones that were begenning to drive me up the wall.

Gametime

Jun 30, 2007
i bought this earier 2day and it worked like a charm... for 10 dollars any ringtone and for any duration wow thats awesome..

i put about 8 ringtones so far on my phone finally im happy with my iPhone ringtones..

so if theres any doubters out there this program works like a charm and its REAL e z

Lips2000

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Houston, TX
Abso-freak'n AWESOME!

Color me pleased! :laugh2:

Too freak'n easy and, for me, was the only thing missing for my iPhone! :cool:

Thank you very much.

Well worth the $10!

Mark

P.S. - It's stuff like this that makes the Internet worth surfing.

nashpreds99

Jun 27, 2007
Dude, if they make a Mac version, I'm in. I just don't want to go through the hassle of reformatting my phone for my pc to use it.

RandomAlec

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Ah, ok I'll give in and buy the program you guys had a good point haha.

I'll buy it when hopefully you can use it to change system sounds, icons, themes, etc. (little by little of course)

Question though, if we purchase the software now and upgrades are made later will we be guaranteed a free upgrade, or will it be an upgrade with a small fee or what?

OPTICS

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I'd pay $10 for an Apple program that lets me make ringtones for an Apple phone....

cj sparrow

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Colorado
Too bad its only Windows

Too bad this is only for Windows. Otherwise, I would have been interested in trying the software. When you get this running under OS X, let us know. Anyone know of any similar Mac programs? (Nope, not interested in hacking the phone just yet.)

kwt

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Chicago 'Burbs
www.v6challenge.com
I installed a ringtone last night and this morning the phone rings, I answer but can not hear anything. The speakerphone works the earbuds work but just using the receiver there is no sound.

I am going to try a restore tonight when I get home.

This is the only thing that has been done to the phone, no other mods of any kind.

:(

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
please help.. i get the convert selection to AAC.. how do i convert to mp3?..
i new to all of this and i want this program! help someone!:mad:

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
once you put in ringtones and try to assign one of the new ringtone to a contact, it displays its original name like Marimba or Bark, not the new name.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
I installed a ringtone last night and this morning the phone rings, I answer but can not hear anything. The speakerphone works the earbuds work but just using the receiver there is no sound.

I am going to try a restore tonight when I get home.

This is the only thing that has been done to the phone, no other mods of any kind.

:(
Just do the restart, sleep and home key held down, turn phone off then power back up and it should be working

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
once you put in ringtones and try to assign one of the new ringtone to a contact, it displays its original name like Marimba or Bark, not the new name.
That doesn't happen to me. The only way I can force that to happen is if I modify a ringtone, resend it to my iPhone, and neglect to power cycle.

Currently have about six custom ringtones setup for contacts and they all work flawlessly.

--
Mike

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I've mentioned this issue to the program's author and suggested including a way to increase the volume before converting to a ringtone.
As an FYI I use the Add Effect feature (under Go Advanced) and find that Flanger and AutoWahWah increase volume markedly. Phaser does too, but the other two don't seem to change the track as dramatically. I try all three to see which one works better on a given track. Sounds pretty cool on the iPhone too.

Probably would be easy for the developer to add a few additional effects that increase volume, and nothing more (e.g., Increase Volume 25%, Increase Volume 35%, etc.).

--
Mike

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
As an FYI I use the Add Effect feature (under Go Advanced) and find that Flanger and AutoWahWah increase volume markedly. Phaser does too, but the other two don't seem to change the track as dramatically. I try all three to see which one works better on a given track. Sounds pretty cool on the iPhone too.

Probably would be easy for the developer to add a few additional effects that increase volume, and nothing more (e.g., Increase Volume 25%, Increase Volume 35%, etc.).

--
Mike
Man if they could do this, i wouldn't even care about an Apple update...lol

well not really but it would be cool if they could do it