Is AppleCare+ worth the money?

Apple2112

Sep 20, 2014
My AT&T preordered 6+ will be delivered tomorrow. I don't live close to an Apple Store. Looking at the Apple site it appears that you can purchase Apple Care+ online. Is that possible if I purchased the phone from AT&T? It also looks like you can purchase it over the phone by doing a diagnostic. How does that work? Thanks.

SunnySweet

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 23, 2010
Upstate NY
My AT&T preordered 6+ will be delivered tomorrow. I don't live close to an Apple Store. Looking at the Apple site it appears that you can purchase Apple Care+ online. Is that possible if I purchased the phone from AT&T? It also looks like you can purchase it over the phone by doing a diagnostic. How does that work? Thanks.
I preordered my space gray 6+ (128GB) and I do not live near an Apple Store. In the past I have had to make a trip to the Apple Store to get my Apple Care+ but this time, the day I received my phone I called Apple and they sent me an SMS with a link to click on. They ran their diagnostic, took my payment information and emailed me my confirmation information. Simple and quick.

Reactions: iPutz and Sharunda

radtechy

Contributor
Silver
Jul 20, 2011
I'm gonna be getting it for us. And dumping my 10 buck a month verizon insurance. All I have to say if it gets lost/stolen I'm SCREWED (a 6 128GB will cost 950 straight up) I looked into my homeowners insurance and they don't do phones and any type of other loss insurance costs 10-11 a month

BBP

Jan 23, 2009
Henderson, NV
I never have had a warranty either but considering. I'm very careful but did drop my 5 twice but there was no damage just a couple dings.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I have a calendar reminder set for 7th November to buy it (after 6th November, I can't return my device to AT&T) :)

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
This is my first time with AppleCare +. This phone is to nice and to big to be in a case. With no case it's actually not bad one handed! I have the plus!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
What does it cover? If it cracks is it covered? Water damage? Lost stolen?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I preordered my space gray 6+ (128GB) and I do not live near an Apple Store. In the past I have had to make a trip to the Apple Store to get my Apple Care+ but this time, the day I received my phone I called Apple and they sent me an SMS with a link to click on. They ran their diagnostic, took my payment information and emailed me my confirmation information. Simple and quick.
I did not get my Apple Care+ coverage until today!:eek: LOL! I was on the phone with Apple for something else about my iPhone and I had a reminder to get the coverage before the 60day period was up anyway, however, the person I was speaking to reminded me that I had eight days left to get the coverage.:unsure: So I checked my account, waved away the remaining clouds of smoke from it, and saw that I had enough to go ahead and buy it, so I did.

Now, my iPhone 6+ is covered by Apple Care+. She is now an honest woman, spoken for, covered and protected the way Apple intended.

Tomscave

Bronze
Dec 10, 2009
Sunshine State
I always get AppleCare+ on or iPhones. While taking a picture of our daughters birthday cake, my wife dropped her iPhone 5 (no case) onto the cake and got frosting in the Lightning port which caused some strange problems. Got a replacement phone with no money out of pocket.

tvdc

Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
I've got Apple care. You still have to pay an excess fee when you need a Repair/replacement though, right?

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Having a 20 month old I have to get Applecare+. She is way to quick and will throw the thing like its her job.

Sent using an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB on AT&T.

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
I just have ATT insurance assurance whatever it's called they were fast when my last iPhone 4 broke they sent a 4S (iPhone 4 in 16 was finished) they cover theft (almost got a lost phone the iPhone 4 lol but alas I found my phone) and water damage! It comes w an app as well... Mobile locate Etc but Apple care + is better I am sure. I should grab it hmm