Is the iPad viral

richardya

Silver
Sep 24, 2007
I was away for the holiday with friends and I have one confirmed purchase and two possibles based on mine. Anyone else feel this thing is viral?

When these things come down in price and go up in functions they will get close to as popular as mobile phones, well almost, definitely replace the laptop.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Everyone that has seen mine is very impressed by it. I will agree though that once the price comes down it will be crazy. It's the biggest turnoff even more then the Flash debate. Although the way they are selling and it being Apple I don't see a price drop.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
A co-worker of mine and I each had our iPads at a meeting last week, and we made believers out of some colleagues of ours who had previously only had a casual interest in one. I gave a presentation via Keynote and everyone who saw it was very impressed with the interactivity and the look & feel. The president of our company was completely smitten and spent a decent amount of time playing around with mine, and I'd be very surprised if he didn't have one by now.

It's a device that people like the more they have a chance to interact with it, and for as strong as the sales numbers looked initially, they seem to be trending upward and way ahead of projections.

richardya

Silver
Sep 24, 2007
...as strong as the sales numbers looked initially, they seem to be trending upward and way ahead of projections.
Yes, it's interesting, because unlike phones, where many people needed to wait for their prior phone contracts to expire before purchasing a new iPhone, I expected the iPads to start out high and then drop substantially.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
For me personally it had an effect that Apple probably doesn't want to here. After buying the iPad I was able to leave my iPhone behind because I still get the Apple "fix" by using it. I have since bought the Evo to use for a bit. I know I'm probably in the extreme minority but it has probably done something to Apples bottom line.