Is your iPhone naked?

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
I'm thinking about the ZAGG (invisibleSHIELD) or the other invisible one from case-mate... want to show off the beauty w/o any bulk... others experience with them?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I don't have any case to protect my iPhone only an antiglare screen protector which I don't really like much because I like the glass feel. I might just go without it. Who else?
Get a crystal film instead of anti-glare. I've used both, and I feel the same as you. With the crystal, you can't even tell it's there. For me, I have it so I can clean the screen easier, and it's a smoother, silkier touch.

As for the back, I'd recommend an Invisible Shield. I LOVE it for the back. I removed the front, b/c it was too think and ripply. You could tell it was there. So now I'm IS on the back, crystal on the front. My perfect setup.

Romanesq

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Born naked....

This case keeps the 'look' of your iPhone 3G and keeps it protected, im thinkin aout getting it, when i get my phone (AT&T guy said it will be tomorrow, on their next shipment!) http://www.case-mate.com/phones/Apple3G/The-Naked-Case-for-iphone-3G
I had the original Casemate Signature leather case and it was very good. It had a hard body that protected the unit. And it worked on a couple of occasions. When I sold it, there was no scratches or anything.

This case looks good. I just wish they built it similar to the Casemate Signature. On that one they don't cover the screen, they protect around it. It's hard for the screen to get damaged unless someone hits it directly.

I put on the protective screen for both iPhones with the Casemate sticky film. You don't even know its there. But based on the sport suite model I tried, I don't like a thick film over the screen.

Wonder why Casemate didn't go with the similar approach with the leather signature design. It's very good, wraps around the phone very snugly and feels great. But the screen only gets the protector and I like that. I picked it up at the AT&T store as it's now made for AT&T. But yesterday I noticed in their store they had other 3G cases but mine was sold out.

dfwgirl

Bronze
Jun 29, 2010
I have a pink ifrogz case that I've been using. I think it looks really nice on the phone; but not as good as the phone looks naked. It's a beautiful design that I'd like to see all of the time. Is anyone not using a case or screen protector? Any experience doing this with past iPhones? I would love to do this, but haven't been brave enough so far.

Ceo51378

Jul 28, 2010
Right now I am only using a full cover from BestSkinsEver. The closest you can get to naked while still protecting you phone... at least from scratches.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Mine is naked. But, it's only three days old so not sure how it's going to go long term. I have a bumper sitting at the ready.

The damn thing is so beautiful it's shame to put a case on it at all. But you have to really be careful handling it. Slippery little devil.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
naked here. tried a couple cases. they both sucked.

i'll probably buy the element vapor 4 when they let me order.

Skb2000

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 1, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
www.sherrylbuchler.com
I also have an ifrogz case. Mine's a gradation from medium teal to dark teal. I already dropped my phone once and was very glad for the case. Landed on a corner. It's gorgeous naked but for me it's just an accident waiting to happen.

David Chu

Bronze
Jul 11, 2010
Portland, ME
My 3GS is naked with a few hairline scratches on the oleophobic coating. They don't bother me but if I had an iPhone 4 I would get a screen protector.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

lsutigerfan1976

Bronze
Jul 21, 2010
I don't have a case for mine, i just got it. I ordered the free case/bumper. Im paranoid since it is slippery. Already it has slipped a few times out of my hand, but only on carpet. So ill probably get a case for it. Plus use the bumper that is free. And maybe a screen protector also.

Bkasm

Jul 12, 2010
I went naked for one day when I first got it. Babied it, ended up with some minor scratches on the back. Never again.

aceniza

Bronze
Jan 30, 2010
San Diego
Mine is naked... Cases are on the way. I love the look but hate he liability. Got mine 1 week ago, 3 days into it I nicked the plasic between the front glass and antenna. Very minor but annoying.

Ended up getting it replaced for a few issues, 3 days on this one....

I've got 2 TPU cases on the way and they cant come soon enough

xenonbluegtr

Bronze
Aug 2, 2010
Naples, FL
I've got gelaskins on mine. I just designed a new one I'm ordering that looks exactly like the back of the iPhone (with Apple, "iPhone" and model info) along with side "stickers" that are a brushed aluminum complete with the antenna lines... I made the template in black, white, dark blue and brushed gunmetal; but the one I think I'm ordering next is a carbon fiber design...

Attachments