iSkin Revo

Fresh

Jul 23, 2007
Do you need to have the ViSOR on at all times? If I get one I don't want the ViSOR on at all even if it adds more protection.

Tmge13

Jul 10, 2007
REVO UPDATE ****

Just wanted to keep you guys informed on everything going on. I just got home from the office. We just submited our entire campaign to iskin. We are finished! They gave all of us the retail version of the new revo. Small differences in the grip and design (no big difference.) I asked if the launch date was still set for today at 5pm pst and they said that at this time it is 'highly unlikely.' Later a younger guy stated that there was 2 things working against the launch date. 1) They have already received 300,000 email notifications and the demand is much larger than they anticapated. They only have 100,000 units for sale on launch. So for anyone interested in this item seriosuly, order early if you can, b/c they said there was going to be a backorder of 3-4 weeks for everyone that doesn't get in on the 100,000 intial released. The younger guy working for Revo told me that are now looking at a later in the week release, possibly even Monday! I said so when the website says 'available in July" you really mean available in August?! And 2) they have to update their online website to be able to accept online purchases for the Revio. I will no longer be apart of the final plans for the Revo for my company is now moving to another product. So the release date is now just a guessing game! On a lighter note, I have 2 Revo Iskin cases. I will just keep the alpha test case (since it is really not very different) and give whoever wants the retail version of the Revo for iPhone away. So if you want it, message me.. It is in baby blue again. At my work we get free shipping to, so I will be able to overnight it at no charge.

Best, Insom
Figures.... Gotta wait for everything for this god forsaken phone...

SheepNutz

Jul 22, 2007
This is getting bad. I had a dream about this case last night. In the dream, someone calls me on my iPhone and says that there are only 2 more Revos in stock, so I had better order mine soon! I woke up shortly after.

insomnia

Jul 14, 2007
Do you need to have the ViSOR on at all times? If I get one I don't want the ViSOR on at all even if it adds more protection.
No The visor can be taken completely off or simply reversed to the backside of the Revo.

insomnia

Jul 14, 2007
Revo iskin was mailed off phiber, enjoy. I should have developed a lottery system for the extra iSkin Revo, I had many many IM's. I finally just had my girlfriend just point to a post. Enjoy. Ask phiber to take pictures of his once he gets it, I really don't want to get in trouble for taking 'non press release' photos. Hopefully guys thie Revo will come out shortly, it truly is a quality product.

kcarr91

Bronze
Apr 14, 2007
Revo iskin was mailed off phiber, enjoy. I should have developed a lottery system for the extra iSkin Revo, I had many many IM's. I finally just had my girlfriend just point to a post. Enjoy. Ask phiber to take pictures of his once he gets it, I really don't want to get in trouble for taking 'non press release' photos. Hopefully guys thie Revo will come out shortly, it truly is a quality product.

noooooooooooooo it was not me i did not win argh

now i have no case for my trip ahhh

tmorse

Jul 19, 2007
I read through the thread and the iSkin website, but it seemed like some people are saying the touch screen will not work with the shield, but others are saying it will. Since you have one already and have been using it first hand, could you clear this up for me? Thanks!

insomnia

Jul 14, 2007
Wow, I should have at least tested the 'visor' before I mailed it off to phiber. crap, you see the problem lies that I have the alpha versions of the revo. It does NOT allow you to use it as touch screen, it is simply for added protection. I believe the the retail versions will be the same way, but you need to ask Phiber now, for I mailed it off to him! I hate myself.

Insom

tmorse

Jul 19, 2007
Wow, I should have at least tested the 'visor' before I mailed it off to phiber. crap, you see the problem lies that I have the alpha versions of the revo. It does NOT allow you to use it as touch screen, it is simply for added protection. I believe the the retail versions will be the same way, but you need to ask Phiber now, for I mailed it off to him! I hate myself.

Insom
No problem. I'm just hoping that I can use the touch screen with the visor; but even if I can't; I'll still probably buy this case. :laugh2:

Farani

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Based off iskin.com, I'm pretty sure the Visor is not touch-compatible. However, the privacy film (which uses no adhesives) is.

WolfmanXII

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
California
if you guys actually believe all the stuff insomnia is saying you must be crazy. he would be under contract by iskin to not reveal information and hed post it online and send a free case to someone for no charge? come on. if i said i was an ATT executive im sure you guys would be asking me tons of questions.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
if you guys actually believe all the stuff insomnia is saying you must be crazy. he would be under contract by iskin to not reveal information and hed post it online and send a free case to someone for no charge? come on. if i said i was an ATT executive im sure you guys would be asking me tons of questions.
yes that is interesting.... sure send me a free iskin too......

Laguna

Jul 4, 2007
If he can't post pictures, he doesn't have anything and his story is pure BS.

What he did is very unprofessional and no one in marketing (in their right mind) would ever mouth off like that about a launch date.

TomBombadil

Jul 11, 2007
Agreed! I gave him the benefit of the doubt early on, but he lost me when he said that he was going to give away one of the production models and keep his 'alpha' one. Also, how could he not know if you could use it with the screen on or not.

JioSan

Jul 20, 2007
Eh... I don't not believe him.... (yeaa... double negative was intended)

I guess we'll know when we hear from the person he gave the iPhone too.

Anyway, I don't think I could wait for this case anymore. Im going to a local Apple store to pick up the protection plan... While Im there Im prob just going to get some case.

WolfmanXII

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
California
its getting cold out here being naked. i need a case to warm me up but i don't know how much longer i can wait or i might freeze (my phone not me) ;)