Issue with Lifeproof case!

BsuGuy

Apr 8, 2011
I got one of the gen 2 cases for my 4S and I love it. I have yet to experience any of the problems people had with the gen 1.

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Not sure if everyone knows yet but LifeProof has started selling their cases at Best Buy. Best Buy only sells the black ones and the white ones though so if you're in the market for a purple or a pink one you'll have to buy it directly from www.lifeproof.com
LifeProof has also started selling the Bike Mounts, Belt Clips and a mount that's compatible with the GoPro Mounts. I think you can get the Bike Mounts and Belt Clips at Best Buy too but I'm not sure about the GoPro Mount. I have one of the Bike Mounts and Belt Clips and they are just as tough and durable as their cases. I made a YouTube video of each of them when I got them if anyone wants to view them.
Here's the link to my Belt Clip video:
Here's the link to my Bike Mount video:

capri

Bronze
Jan 1, 2012
My issue with lifeproof case for my 4S is the loss of sensitivity on the touch screen. This bothers me quite a bit as it gets harder to type on the screen.
The other issue is the opening & closing of the headphone port. Its really inconvenient to use headphones on it for handsfree operations.
Opening & closing of the battery door. I hope it will not give up after so many opens and closes. I charge 2x a day so i'm concern on the longevity. Other than these issues, its a great case.

Reactions: Kgd0630

lmluciano

Bronze
Jul 1, 2010
I just bought the Lifeproof case 3 days ago. So far, so good. My 4s had been in an Otterbox since I bought it last Dec. The Lifeproof case is what the Otterbox should have been.

capri

Bronze
Jan 1, 2012
I finally took out the lifeproof case after 4 days with it & replaced it with a SPECK SOFT Candy with screen protector. Few things I like so far about the new SPECK:

a.) it fits better in my hands, the Lifeproof is bigger so i have slightly harder time grasping it.
b.) With Lifeproof, the volume level of the speakerphone has to be 70-80 percent. W/ SPECK, its just down to 20-30 volume level. I can hear much better.
c.) I can type much much faster with the speck + screen cover. I had too many typo errors w/ the Lifeproof.

Overall, i prefer the Speck but if i was on a fishing trip, or something rugged environment, the lifeproof is something suitable.

Mark Cole

Apr 16, 2012
Sandy Springs, Georgia
I too was a fan-atic of this product until the case failed and fried my 5 month old iPhone. IF you plan on using the phone under water you had better have the phone insurance to cover it when the case fails. I used my phone under water several times with perfect results. However the last time wasn't so perfect.

In my swimsuit pocket in 8 inches of water the case fails and lets sea water into the case. There is NO recovery (rice bag trick or anything) that will fix that. No word from Lifeproof regarding the failure. Not even a sorry.....

Hope you all have better luck with this company than I have.

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Mark quit bitching! Buyer beware for any product that has electronics go anywhere near water. I bet it took a nasty fall and you didn't inspect it and went right in the water without covering all bases. As with anything in life you have to double check before you jump into the unknown. And seeing how you just joined today you're making your rounds trying to be a "good samaritan" to other buyers. Guess what this just looks like sour grapes to me.

Reactions: RoofMonkey

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Mark sounds like one of those people that always has to blame someone else. He probably didn't even check the charge port door and headphone plug to make sure they were properly sealed before he put his phone in the water. Just buy a case and slap it on and if it leaks it's the manufacturer's fault and not yours because you were too stupid to check it beforehand.

Syamil

Bronze
Jan 31, 2011
Singapore
LifeProof is a pretty good case, though I don't have one. Some of my friends who are firemen says the case really works, and I do believe them as their work is tough and involves handling with a lot of water, and hopefully I'll have enough money to buy one soon.

Pkshepherd02

Bronze
Oct 5, 2011
I had been wanting a Lifeproof for awhile so I decided to go ahead and by the $80 case yesterday. I got it and put it on and started trying to text but I had to push down extremely hard to even text and the feel was super cheap for something that I paid $80 for. I ended up taking it back because it was not the quality I expected it to be and I started reading reviews and saw where a few people had experienced it not working in water and the customer service being horrible. The feel and quality of the case was not $80 and I felt like I was totally ripped off as soon as I opened it. I decided to buy another Otterbox Defender, can't ever go wrong with this quality case.

Reactions: Kgd0630

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
From what I hear the lifeproof doesn't always protect from all that.
Can't prove that by me. I've had mine for a while now. Love it. Been under water, worked in a dusty environment and all is good. I've had issues and they have taken care of them. My issues were sound quality problems on the original case and the rubber separating from the screen.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Colorful iPhone

May 7, 2012
I had a LifeProof case, and used it on the 4s I had bought earlier that day. I went on a walk on the beach and a little boy bumped into me and knocked it outta my hand. He looked at my about to cry saying, "I'm so sorry ma'am!" Thinking,"It's a LifeProof, it's fine!" I told the boy it was ok, that my case was waterproof. He ran away and I picked up my phone. The screen was being weird, so I opened the case and, BAM! There was water on my new phone :-(