Issue with Lifeproof case!

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I had a LifeProof case, and used it on the 4s I had bought earlier that day. I went on a walk on the beach and a little boy bumped into me and knocked it outta my hand. He looked at my about to cry saying, "I'm so sorry ma'am!" Thinking,"It's a LifeProof, it's fine!" I told the boy it was ok, that my case was waterproof. He ran away and I picked up my phone. The screen was being weird, so I opened the case and, BAM! There was water on my new phone :-(
Sorry to hear that. Did you do the required 1 hr. water test on the case?

Derrickhand300

Mar 25, 2013
3/25/13
I just bought a new iPhone 5 and Lifeproof case Friday and discovered this thread when I had this same problem with the mic- nobody can hear me.

I tried the fix and called my wife and she said it helped but still sounded like I was far away.

I love the feel of the case-its weight and size-even better than my previous Otterbox-I have no axe to grind with Lifeproof but I called Verizion where I purchased and they said simply return it for the Otterbox.

I will miss the assurance of having a waterproof case because I fish a lot- but with it the way it is I cannot talk without removing the case

Just wanted to update the thread here with my experience and state that I have the new case with the same problems-its 70 miles round trip to exchange the case so I do not plan on trying another.

Wish my experience had been better- take this as you wish. I will not be posting or following this thread so if you want to call me a "lifeproof hater" go ahead-just realize I wont see it.

Good luck with the design Lifeprrof-it's a great idea thats badly flawed

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
You got me there... I have a screen protector (permanent) on the phone. Should I remove this or can I keep it on the phone?
LifeProof does recommend not having a screen protector on the device. But people have left them on and used the case with no issues. I don't have a protector on my phone, just the LifeProof case & haven't ever had any problems, other than a few 'newton rings'/oil looking spots.

Leroy Fernandez

Feb 6, 2014
In regards to the issue with the microphone....no one can understand me but when I switch it to "speaker" it is clear. Has anyone had that same issue? I tried blowing the mic ports as directed but nothing but a headache.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
In regards to the issue with the microphone....no one can understand me but when I switch it to "speaker" it is clear. Has anyone had that same issue? I tried blowing the mic ports as directed but nothing but a headache.
Is this only with the LifeProof case on? The case does cause a little bit of muffling.

Mrallank59

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 8, 2013
I actually had a problem with the life proof case for the first time the other day. I threw ititintoa barrel of water to show this guy that it's waterproof. One of the glass lenses came out my phone was okay buy there was certainly water inside. I'm gonna Get the lunatik extreme case. I think it's the best think out there. If I get get ready to go under water then I'll just put on a life proof case

Leroy Fernandez

Feb 6, 2014
Is this only with the LifeProof case on? The case does cause a little bit of muffling.
No...I have owned a lifeproof for a couple of years now. The first one worked perfectly but then I destroyed it (my fault) and got another one (current) and have had issues ever since. No one can understand me 95% of the time unless I switch to speaker. Weird huh?

Leroy Fernandez

Feb 6, 2014
I actually had a problem with the life proof case for the first time the other day. I threw ititintoa barrel of water to show this guy that it's waterproof. One of the glass lenses came out my phone was okay buy there was certainly water inside. I'm gonna Get the lunatik extreme case. I think it's the best think out there. If I get get ready to go under water then I'll just put on a life proof case
I have two Lunatik's......bought in December of 2013. Going to sell it on Ebay....great cases....but not for me....

Leroy Fernandez

Feb 6, 2014
No...I have owned a lifeproof for a couple of years now. The first one worked perfectly but then I destroyed it (my fault) and got another one (current) and have had issues ever since. No one can understand me 95% of the time unless I switch to speaker. Weird huh?
Sorry, yes it is only with the case on. Right now I do not have it on and will test it....so far.....perfect....2 days.

Ssunny

Aug 4, 2016
The issue is with noise cancellation. Go to settings> general>accessibility and turn off phone noise cancellation. Your muffled voice will become crystal clear.