It balms my hide.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Yes! I love that I can just read my voice messages when they can be transcribed. Sometimes they can't be transcribed for one reason or another. It's a GR8 feature! Nice that it's bilingual also.
Do you have to have XFINITY Voice on your Comcast service for it to work? I don't have a regular home phone. Just cable and wifi.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
That would be an awesome feature for iOS. I'd love to see that.....but wait...I bet there's an App that does that for us!
There are a few apps that do that. But it routes the voicemails to the app and then don't show on the stock phone app. Some carriers charge for that. And there's been issues where when someone deleted the app, their voicemails were still tied to the apps service and they couldn't get it back on the stock phone app. Have you tried any of those apps?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
There are a few apps that do that. But it routes the voicemails to the app and then don't show on the stock phone app. Some carriers charge for that. And there's been issues where when someone deleted the app, their voicemails were still tied to the apps service and they couldn't get it back on the stock phone app. Have you tried any of those apps?
No. I never looked or even knew those Apps were around. It sounds like so much trouble. Not worth it. Someone will come up with one that works properly one day. Maybe Apple would come up with it in the next iOS! LOL!

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
That the "Purchased List" in the App Store is finally easy to scroll down and navigate. It used to be really clunky, slow to load, and frustrating.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
When I discover an option or feature on my iPhone I didn't know was there. In the iTunes Music app, under "Songs", the deleted songs still showed with the cloud as apps do in the App Store purchased list.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1397579526.674139.jpg

Then I discovered I can remove the deleted songs from the list by going to Settings>Music>Show All Music <---turn off toggle. Turning it back on adds the deleted songs back.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1397580022.757508.jpg

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
When I discover an option or feature on my iPhone I didn't know was there. In the iTunes Music app, under "Songs", the deleted songs still showed with the cloud as apps do in the App Store purchased list.
View attachment 36429
Then I discovered I can remove the deleted songs from the list by going to Settings>Music>Show All Music <---turn off toggle. Turning it back on adds the deleted songs back.
View attachment 36430
By "deleted" you do mean deleted as in not shown in "Shown All Music"?.... Not deleted permanently from your purchased songs?

I hope it's the former and not the latter. Thank you for sharing.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It totally balms my hide that when I type the initial (but not the second, third, etc.) letter of a contact's name in the iOS Messages application using the the Latin/Roman alphabet (first arrow, first image, below), iOS is smart enough to autocomplete the "corresponding" (transliterated) letter in the Greek alphabet (second arrow, first image, below). That Greek letter that I'm pointing to with the second arrow is the Greek letter delta (Δ, capital form, the one displayed, and δ is the lowercase form)—corresponds to the Latin/Roman letter "d". I really only have a very small number of Greek contacts, and I don't resort to this feature often at all, but when I do, it really makes me happy.

For me, this is one of those small features on iOS that makes me happy every time I use it—I don't have to switch to the Greek keyboard to send a message to a contact from my contact list.

Sadly, the same feature is not available [yet] in the OS X version of Messages.

Greek.jpg

PS: @imutter — If memory serves, I think you told me once you speak Greek, so I tagged you here so that you can take advantage of this feature if you so desire.

PPS: For whatever reason, as I stated above, if you type more than one letter of the contact's name using the Latin/Roman alphabet, the feature doesn't work. Sir Jony Ive is slacking! (See the image below—I typed the three initial letters using the Latin/Roman alphabet , and nothing.

morethanone.jpg

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
@Rafagon It deletes the deleted songs from the "Songs" list in the Music app. It's not permanent. If you toggle back on in Settings, they reappear in the list as deleted songs with the cloud.