It chaps my hide.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I learned about the site "atttowers.com" on another thread, and decided to visit just out of curiosity...

I used atttowers.com and still no rooftops or towers are close by. I get LTE in my bedroom but not in my family room.
That site not only forced me to register before I could do my first query, they also took the liberty of generating a username and password for me. There was no option for me to pick my own username. As far as the site-generated password, I'm sure I can log in and change it to one of my own choosing, but that antiquated way of establishing my credentials for me makes me not even want to use the site!

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I learned about the site "atttowers.com" on another thread, and decided to visit just out of curiosity...

That site not only forced me to register before I could do my first query, they also took the liberty of generating a username and password for me. There was no option for me to pick my own username. As far as the site-generated password, I'm sure I can log in and change it to one of my own choosing, but that antiquated way of establishing my credentials for me makes me not even want to use the site!
I've always resented my parents for doing the same thing.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This error on the mobile YouTube website. The same videos always work fine in the iOS Jasmine YouTube app, so why do they not work on the website?

image.jpg

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
When I'm reading a news article, for example, on m.cbsnews.com, and they split the article into 10 parts, with a previous and a next button, and each part barely takes up one screenful. You know what? Screw it, I don't wanna read the article that bad... #idiots!

Reactions: Tattooed Alex

Babyt

Zealot
Gold
May 24, 2010
When I'm reading a news article, for example, on m.cbsnews.com, and they split the article into 10 parts, with a previous and a next button, and each part barely takes up one screenful. You know what? Screw it, I don't wanna read the article that bad... #idiots!

Oh those are so freaking annoying! I just wan to read the article real fast.

Sent using iCafe app

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
When I'm lying in bed, rub my eye and the lens detaches. Ack.
I can totally relate. Oftentimes I don't have to be lying in bed for that horrid outcome to befall me. I simply rub my eye the wrong way, and then my whole universe basically collapses onto itself. Usually the only recourse is to [physically] stand up from my computer chair, leaving the insightful post by @Napoleon PhoneApart on eiC that I was reading half-finished, and, [again physically] walk the seven feet or so to my bathroom and try to retrieve my contact lens from the secret hiding place that it goes to in my eye when it wants to piss me off and/or be alone to reflect on the meaning of its existence. I then spend upwards of 90 seconds to bring it back out of hiding.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
@Rafagon Yes, but have you ever had the lens inside your eye detach and drift around in the virtuous humor? That would freak me out. O_o

@Napoleon PhoneApart You're going to look badass with an eyepatch...;)
Seriously, though - I hope they can reattach it tomorrow.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
@Europa You mean the lens can actually sink bank into the vitreous humor and swim around there?
No, I exaggerated that to make a point that it wasn't a contact lens. It detached and is drifting around in his eye a little, but it's confined to a small area and can't go back near the retina. Since it's not in place, his vision is very blurry. He said it occasionally aligns itself for a moment and objects are more in focus, but then it moves out of place again. They can do eye surgery and reattach it - hopefully tomorrow.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
No, I exagerated that to make a point that it wasn't a contact lens. It detached and is drifting around in his eye a little, but it's confined to a small area and can't go back near the retina. Since it's not in place, his vision is very blurry. He said it occasionally aligns itself for a moment and objects are more in focus, but then it moves out of place again. They can do eye surgery and reattach it - hopefully tomorrow.
Good luck to Mr. @Napoleon PhoneApart with that. I wish him all the best. As someone whose eyesight is far from perfect, I can commiserate.

Reactions: Europa

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
No, I exaggerated that to make a point that it wasn't a contact lens. It detached and is drifting around in his eye a little, but it's confined to a small area and can't go back near the retina. Since it's not in place, his vision is very blurry. He said it occasionally aligns itself for a moment and objects are more in focus, but then it moves out of place again. They can do eye surgery and reattach it - hopefully tomorrow.
I gave you incorrect information, sweetie. Upon seeing my retinal surgeon, he confirmed that the lens is indeed floating around in the vitreous, so you're right and I'm wro...wr...wr..wro...I can't say it. I am Napoleon after all...

Anyway, here's what's loose in there:

3032999_opth-5-017f1.png

Attachments

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Instead of all these ridiculous $5 power-ups, why doesn't Zynga add something useful to the game, like the ability to have a three-player or four-player game, like real-life Scrabble?

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1376501250.854031.jpg

Reactions: Kadelic