iTunes asking for a lock code?

GoldenAnkh

Bronze
Apr 5, 2007
Michigan, USA
www.robinsachs.com
EDIT: Never mind, I took out the SIM and I was unable to take care of this...

I recently purchased a 3G and gave my sister my old v1 iPhone. She connected it to her computer a few moments ago and iTunes is giving her an error message saying something about being unable to connect because it is requiring a passcode.

She has the 7.7 iTunes installed, and I made sure that there was no more passcode required before we connected the phone. Also, we went to AT&T this morning to get a new SIM.

I can connect the phone to my computer and we get the activation screen. The only problem there is that AT&T said their system is down and we can't go ahead with her credit check at the moment.

Any thoughts on this? I am thinking that because the phone still thinks it is "Diane's iPhone" that it won't let her continue on her iTunes.

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Any thoughts on this? I am thinking that because the phone still thinks it is "Diane's iPhone" that it won't let her continue on her iTunes.

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated!
If you have a new sim card in the phone, it thinks it is a new phone. Once you get past the credit check, you shouldn't have any problems.