iTunes Match is live!

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
You can access your entire library. You can delete at will. The music not on your device will have a cloud with a download arrow next to it. So if you need room just delete what you don't want and download what you do want. Since you can download at will and once you start playing a playlist the rest of the playlist will download automatically it is nearly like streaming, except that the file stays there until you delete it. I played an album not on my device, that downloaded while listening, that way yesterday.

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
It works great for me! I have added abouyt 10 CD's to iTunes and it went to work on them and now they are all on my ipad and iPhone! NICE!

Now i need to figure out how to get the album artwork onto my devices. I got the artwork on iTunes, but not my devices, yet.

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
I discovered a major downside about iTunes Match. It screws up your playlists on your iOS 5 devices and you can't do genius playlists on your iOS 5 devices. I hope that Apple gets this fixed because this is a major flaw. And then there are the other downsides like missing artwork and a few other bugs that I think will get fixed after this first iteration because Apple is pretty good about fixing stuff like this. I still feel that the good things in iTunes Match outweigh the annoyances.