Jailbreak done, BiteSMS issue

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Limera1n jailbreak went smoothly, everything works well except the one app I want the most.
Installed BiteSMS and rebooted my phone. Every time I open the BiteSMS app, it automatically exits. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, same result. Any suggestions?

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Well, I can always restore and get the cleaned up version. You know I'm usually the last to take the leap, but I'm just THAT desperate to get my BiteSMS back! All my other Cydia apps work just fine. Argh!

GSXRMike

Silver
Jun 21, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I use QuicklyReply 1.6.4-3. Works great even after LimeRa1n. Maybe not as many functions as BiteSMS but I don't need all that other junk. My main reason is so I can text back without having to close the current open application.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I guess I can use Quickreply if I can't get BiteSMS to work. Does it allow you to set a delivery time for SMS? This is the feature I like the most; I can reply to texts in the middle of the night and time them to be delivered at a decent hour the following morning.

GSXRMike

Silver
Jun 21, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I guess I can use Quickreply if I can't get BiteSMS to work. Does it allow you to set a delivery time for SMS? This is the feature I like the most; I can reply to texts in the middle of the night and time them to be delivered at a decent hour the following morning.
Nope.. None of that. Just allows you to text back over open apps. When you receive a text, it has 3 options instead of 2. Close, View, and Reply. Close and View are the same as a stock phone but Reply pops up the keyboard right there so you can respond back.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Nope.. None of that. Just allows you to text back over open apps. When you receive a text, it has 3 options instead of 2. Close, View, and Reply. Close and View are the same as a stock phone but Reply pops up the keyboard right there so you can respond back.
Okay, I think I remember trying that one last time, and deleting it for BiteSMS. I just can't understand why Bite isn't working when the other apps are. If I can't get it to work, I'll probably just restore, as I can see already that my battery is draining more quickly since I JB.

Edit: Could it have been something that went wrong in the jailbreak, or is this likely a BiteSMS issue? Anyone?

Woody dog

Bronze
Sep 22, 2009
Lancaster,Ohio
Limera1n jailbreak went smoothly, everything works well except the one app I want the most.
Installed BiteSMS and rebooted my phone. Every time I open the BiteSMS app, it automatically exits. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, same result. Any suggestions?
It did the same thing to me. I just hid bite with sbsettings and use stock text app. The quick reply and text from lock screen still work. They will have an update they are very good about them.

craiggiarc

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 20, 2009
Smooth as silk here too, found the BiteSMS fix too but was beaten to get it posted here!

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
You jumped the gun IMHO. I'm waiting for a cleaned-up version, maybe even until after I swap my phone for one that doesn't have the proximity sensor issue. I'll pull the trigger late this month.
wait, so 4.1 doesn't fix this? mine is BAD! i cant hold my phone on my phone on my right shoulder without hanging up. actually ive done that just turning my head the wrong way...

imotionb18

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
Houston, Tx
wait, so 4.1 doesn't fix this? mine is BAD! i cant hold my phone on my phone on my right shoulder without hanging up. actually ive done that just turning my head the wrong way...
I was having a huge issue with this. That's the main reason I went ahead and used limera1n. 4.1 is supposed to fix the proximity issue. 4.1 seemed to have fixed my prox problems as far as I can tell.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Limera1n is supposed to be really buggy.
Some people have had trouble jailbreaking with it, but that happens with every jailbreak tool. Once the phone is jailbroken, stability and jailbroken app problems are probably no more likely to occur than they would with any other jailbreak method.

limera1n worked fine for me. iRealSMS is working as well.

Edge1978

Bronze
Feb 7, 2009
4.1 completely fixed my prox issue. I used to always put the person on hold or mute, not anymore.