jailbreaking v1 iPhone

frizz

Bronze
Mar 25, 2008
Philly
I just upgraded to firmware3.1.2 and would like to know how to rejailbreak, everything seems to favor 3g and the 3gs, can someone please direct me to the process please?

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
make sure your iTunes is closed and the box where it says to automatically sync when plugged in is unchecked. Word!

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
juls1585 said:
its the one with the power button that is flush with the casing. i cant seem to get the iPhone open to push the button out. the phone works i used it like this for a week while trying to figure out what to do about it. updated the phone to 3.0 but didn't do anything with it. i then tried to update it to 3.1 to jailbreak it to either sell it or to use it as an ipod but it wont update now. it gets to the point where i have the iTunes logo and the usb cable on the screen but then i get error 2001. ive searched all over about 2001 and it says to go into dfu mode. well i cant because of the power button. i always have to let it die, plug it in and get it back to where it will be recognized again by iTunes and we just play this game of make julie mad till she unplugs me again. its kinda of like the person who had the iPhone continue to restart on him. it gets to the emergancy calls only screen and as soon as i try to update it just gives up on me.

sorry this is big long paragraph but yeah its everything i think?
Can't you take the iPhone apart? It's actually pretty simple. Is yours a V1 or 3G with the stuck power button?