Just got an email from Apple saying they were unable to obtain payment for my order!

iSoozin

Bronze
Mar 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Less than an hour ago the email arrived - I didn't see it until about 15 minutes ago. I immediately called my credit card company - no problems there. Called Apple, got the sweetest girl ever, and she told me that my iPad is already prepared for shipment and they got full authorization for the payment on March 13th. Took a deep breath. She said that there is a glitch in the system that is sending these emails out. Nice way to give someone a heart attack!

She was very nice, told me that it will be delivered on April 3rd, unless Saturday delivery isn't available in my area, then it would be delivered April 5th. Now it has me thinking - have I ever seen a UPS truck on Saturday in my area? I know I've seen FedEx. My next call will be to UPS!

Susan

JCat

Mar 29, 2010
NYC, New York
I bet your heart dropped! We had a similar situation with our ipads order with Apple last week, but it wasn't their fault; Citibank declines authorizations until they can contact the customer to confirm they placed the order (when activity suddenly shows large purchases). No, that's not Citibank protecting the customer, it's them protecting their own butt. We had to call Citibank, then they had to OK the sale while Apple was on the other line - everything went through fine. Oh, and I still hate Citibank.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
wouldn't it be funny if UPS didn't deliver any iPads on Sat because it's Easter weekend? ...no, it wouldn't be funny at all.