Just got my first bill from AT&T (a lot more than I thought)

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Yeah, however i need the SMS if i didn't have it i would be paying AT&T a lot more than just the extra 20 a month (ongoing) 31.61 (first month)

I need to find out why i was charged 23.22 for 450min then charged 39.99 for another 450min.

This may have been awnsered already but what they did was prorate your first months 450 min then charged you for the next month. With cell companies your always paying the month aheads service (minus any overages you might incur

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Alright if I get
-450min/data $70
-unlimited text $20
+17% Monthly discount

How much can I expect my first bill to be?:eek:
-Cause I don't want some random outrageous bill that would be so high I'd have to cancel the contract then and their :sick:
That first bill was just an estimate it was something like a customer bill estimate. I was told when the 5th comes around the first months bill was going to be about 180ish

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Update... i just spoke with AT&T and they said that the packet i saw is the Customer Service Statement. Its just a overall estimate of what the bill could look like. The rep i spoke with said that the real first months bill could be around $180.

I rep london/england b/c i was born there, however i live in Florida now with my mother.
England rocks. Of course my family came over sometime around 1750 and my mother is a Daughter of the American Revolution... I've never got around to joining the Sons of the American Revolution but I might one of these days. :)

Webby

Jun 5, 2008
Mine was only $159 I thought it would be $215

The regular bill should be less since I will be getting my 20% DISCOUNT.

drewatl

Bronze
Jul 5, 2008
Atlanta
www.twitter.com
Well, my bill hopefully shouldnt be high, I pray it stay below $80. Before changing phones and plans I was paying like $60. I have the 450 min 200 tx and now the $30 iPhone data plan. i just got a bill for this week but i don't think its the iPhone bill and its $68. So next month i guess will be the true iPhone bill.

drewatl

Bronze
Jul 5, 2008
Atlanta
www.twitter.com
Well it just came, and to my suprize i didn't expect it to be this much. I kinda thought it would be in the 130's b/c of the first month activation fee, and taxes but dam!:mad::mad::mad:

Start of billing cycle 5th of every month.

NATION 450 ROLL UNL M2M 5K N&W (prorated) 23.22
NATION 450 ROLL UNL M2M 5K N&W 39.99
--------------------------------------------------------------
Other Services
Data Plan for iPhone 47.42
Short Messaging Service 31.61

Total Monthly Service charge $142.24
Activation Free 36.00
Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge .20
Federal Universal Service Fund 5.44
Total Credits, Adjustments & Other Charges $41.64
State and Local Tax $29.68
911 Fee .50
TOTAL CHARGES (estimated) $213.56

Thats a lot for just the first months bill however next month will be fine. My Ongoing Monthly Bill is $108.16 Which is a tad higher than i calculated. I figured it would be about $98 a month. But Florida's state tax pwned my bill at $14.73 eww.

Anyone else get there bill yet?
What did your bill come. A Box or same ol same ol paper envelope. Did it list very txt and web site you viewed. Just trying to prepare myself.

blewis1984

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
I actually think I'm going to return mine. $100+/month is a little steep for a cell phone imo.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Ok to clear a few things up, It was a Customer Service Summary booklet from AT&T. It included info on setting up the visual voicemail, what plan i had, what addons i had, the numbers you can dial to receive Min/data/balance texts. The 3g Coverage area over the USA and all the other fine print. It also showed the ESTIMATED cost chart with my first months bill and regular monthly bill.

I contacted AT&T and was told that this is just an ESTIMATE for the first months bill and that when the 5th of the month comes the actual first months bill should be closer to $180 instead of the ESTIMATED $$213.56.

Again ill state that i calculated it was going to be about 130 with the taxes and activation fee and i also calculated that the monthly bill would be about 95ish. However this Estimated Customer Service Summary says otherwise.

It's a lot for a first months bill and monthly bill, ill keep you guys updated when the 5th comes.

*sidenote* and to think i got the cheapest plan and unlimited text LOL. I wonder what the peeps who got more min than me are gona pay.