Just purchased iPhone 3GS, need GPS app recommendation

Jmills

Sep 2, 2009
Hey guys,

Fresh back from the AT&T Store and just purchased a 3gS for myself :D I was on Sprint before this. I have used the iPhone a few times before but I'm still trying to find all the best programs. Anyone have any suggestions for a good free GPS program? Also what other applications would you suggest(looking for anything fun or cool).

Thanks in advance!

Jmills

Sep 2, 2009
Thanks for the reply! I have already found around a few GPS applications that are free that seem to be great applications, I was just hoping someone could point me in the direction of the best one. Here are the apps I found:

Navizon(seems to be the best one to me so far)
Oops I'm Late
Navlet
Wayfinder

Thanks again!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
You'll likely want to grab Facebook and if you tweet, there plenty of good Twitter clients. Twitterfon is good and free. My personal fav is Birdfeed, but that'll cost ya.

Thanks for joining eiC --- the coolest iPhone site on the planet.:sneaky:

Jmills

Sep 2, 2009
Thank you all for the advice and the kind welcome! I went ahead and tried out all of your suggestions and they have been just great so far! I also just got the Midomi song recognizer app that tells you what song your listening to if you hear something on the radio you like or you just have a song in your head that you want to know who it's by and you can just hum it into the phone which is absolutely great! Looking forward to discussing anything iPhone with all of you!

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Shazam is the best for recognising songs imo and its free

Gives you the artis info etc and a link to buy the song on iTunes.

Check it out.

Joshie

Bronze
May 24, 2007
If you're a XM or Sirius subscriber like Iam you can get their App. It does cost 2.99 extra a month on top of your monthly plan for the actually radio receivers you have but to me it's worth it.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Have you heard of jailbreaking? It opens a whole new world of applications for you to download. It also opens up your iPhone to themes and all... Welcome to the iPhone and EiC :). We hope you enjoy (both of them).

My favorite apps:

Things - Organizer, syncs with the Mac desktop version.
iCopter (1.19)
Fieldrunners (5.99)
Midomi (Got it when it was free)
ConvertBot (1.19)
Need For Speed (SOOO DAMN GOOD) (12.99)
Docs to Go (5.99)
X-Plane 9 and X-Plane Airline (Both 12.99) - (Flight Simulators) I'm an aviation enthusiast.

All prices are in AUD - don't know what they were in USD.. Pretty close... Once again - have fun iPhoning.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
THe free GPS app is the one on it already, Google Maps. Not getting something for nothing.