Keyboard click sound fading as you text?

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
Anyone else have this happening? When I'm texting the keyboard click sound goes from loud to very low then back up loud again. Tried restarting it but still does it.

JimD

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
New Market, MD. USA
Anyone else have this happening? When I'm texting the keyboard click sound goes from loud to very low then back up loud again. Tried restarting it but still does it.
Sorry to ask a potentially irritating question - but it has to be done - Is it possible you are blocking the speaker with your finger or hand?

This loss of volume happens at various times to me (lock sound, keyclicks), and when I realize the audio is really soft I notice I am blocking the speaker.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
No that's fine to ask that question, but no I am not blocking the speaker.
Already checked that by lying the iPhone down on my desk and typing with one finger.

JimD

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
New Market, MD. USA
I can't say I've experienced that one.

My V1 used to get "quiet" sometimes, and only a reboot would fix it. It would never recover on its own once it happened.

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
Could be a software glitch, a couple other glitches are rearing their ugly heads.
...a bit off topic but still a glitch I've experienced. I was in a back and forth conversation via SMS the other day and one of the text messages i received did not alert me...in any way at all. The phone was not on vibrate or anything the volume was up but no notification....no sound, no vibrate and no new text received pop up on the screen...the LCD light turned on to show the lockscreen but that was it and it boggled me that it turned on out of the blue so i unlocked the phone and the messages app had a "1" badge on it as I in fact received a new text. It only happened once.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Kuntry, i experienced that last night... weird. I rebooted just to be safe

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
don't take any notice... you will get answers like this on any forum board - for every 1 like that you will get 10 that help :)

JimD

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
New Market, MD. USA
I think his point may have been - turn off keyclicks and you won't notice this anymore. :laugh2: Without emoticons it is difficult to interpret one's intent - especially if the message is terse.

lashmonster

Jun 21, 2009
Same here!

My key clicks are doing the same thing! I tried to look this up to see if it was supposed to happen but didn't find any info that indicated it did. It's been doing it for a few days even after I turned it on and off -- and even after setting the sounds to on and off.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
My key clicks are doing the same thing! I tried to look this up to see if it was supposed to happen but didn't find any info that indicated it did. It's been doing it for a few days even after I turned it on and off -- and even after setting the sounds to on and off.
See I notice also today on mine when I was dialing a phone number that the sound was doing the same thing too.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Sorry to ask a potentially irritating question - but it has to be done - Is it possible you are blocking the speaker with your finger or hand?

This loss of volume happens at various times to me (lock sound, keyclicks), and when I realize the audio is really soft I notice I am blocking the speaker.
That happens to me sometimes. Depending on what part of the KB I'm typing on, my pinky will block the speaker.

lashmonster

Jun 21, 2009
Not a speaker issue

It has happened enough times that I know I am not blocking the speaker. Especially since when it happens I can move my fingers and continue to type and the sounds remain dull. It is unrelated to the any speaker blockage, for me at least!

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Wow. Talk about sensitive. He suggested turning it off, and he gets jumped on. Wow.

Anyway - Shirley, is this only happening to your clicks? I know that my previous 2 phones (V1, 3G) would sound muffled sometimes at random. I would have to reboot the phone in order for this to go away. If the problem is consistent enough, I would bring it to an ATT or Apple store and get a new one. Just make sure to back up first.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Addam was probably trying to helpful while using a short sentence. I've seen him here for a while now, and he usually doesn't get smart with anyone without being provoked first. Maybe I'm wrong...