Keyboard click sound fading as you text?

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Haha, Holy Moly! I was not trying to be a Smartass, and I do apologize if you took it that way.

I've had an iPhone since the day they came out, and I don't know if I'm the only one, but the keyboard clicks are just kind of annoying. I also get nasty looks from my girlfriend if she hears noises coming from my phone. :p

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
This is a little out there and I don't know how it would have been turned on but today I was playing around with speak auto-text and forgot to turn it off. The woman doesn't speak all the time because all you have to do is type fast through the correction pop ups and she won't talk. The entire time it was on I would get the click sound to go from loud to soft and then to loud, and repeat. I shut off speak auto-text and it fixed the problem immediately! Settings>General>Accessibility> Speak Auto-Text

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
This is a little out there and I don't know how it would have been turned on but today I was playing around with speak auto-text and forgot to turn it off. The woman doesn't speak all the time because all you have to do is type fast through the correction pop ups and she won't talk. The entire time it was on I would get the click sound to go from loud to soft and then to loud, and repeat. I shut off speak auto-text and it fixed the problem immediately! Settings>General>Accessibility> Speak Auto-Text
You know when I got my 3gs and was messing around with it I did turn on that speak auto-text. Just turned it off and that seems to have fixed the problem! Thanks a lot! :)

KevJD

Bronze
Aug 30, 2008
Wow. Talk about sensitive. He suggested turning it off, and he gets jumped on. Wow.
Well, his suggestion was kinda like the old joke where someone goes to the doctor and says "Doc, my arm hurts when I move it like this" and the doctor says " well, don't move it like that!" LoL... I think that's why people got a little excited, but anyway...:p

JSchu22

Jul 3, 2007
I concur with those that have this issue and have turned off the speak auto text option. I was experiencing this last night and I had a feeling that it may have been because of turning that option on. Hasn't exhibited that since turning it off.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
It happens to be and I have the auto-text on.

This appears to be yet another OS 3 not ready for prime time bug. That is what beta testing is suppose to address and fix. Damn if I hate being an Apple tester with being compensated.

Nickster248

Jan 11, 2007
Courtenay, B.C. Canada
I concur with those that have this issue and have turned off the speak auto text option. I was experiencing this last night and I had a feeling that it may have been because of turning that option on. Hasn't exhibited that since turning it off.
Hmmm? I never did have that option turned on, but I still experience the variable clicking sound when typing. I have tried many different things in an effort to find out what may be triggering the sound to keep fading away, but to no avail. Hopefully with OS 3.1 Apple will have found a fix for the problem.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
Oh, I don't know...does anyone else think that Apple should be publishing its issue list and what they will be addressing in OS 3.1?

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Oh, I don't know...does anyone else think that Apple should be publishing its issue list and what they will be addressing in OS 3.1?
It would be nice to see a list like that, but I imagine that there are a lot of little bugs that have to be fixed with each update. They give a general list of the major fixes with each update. They probably just know that the majority of users don't care what has been addressed, they just want to update and move on.:sneaky: