MacBook Latest OS X update

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
And on a side note I appreciate everyone's feedback I tried all of it, which is probably why it was even more messed up (not your fault). Thanks all.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
My hard drive on my iMac failed at the same time my external hard drive with my time machine backup failed. My dad bought some program for $100 and retrieved all my data. I'll try and get the name for you. :)

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
My hard drive on my iMac failed at the same time my external hard drive with my time machine backup failed. My dad bought some program for $100 and retrieved all my data. I'll try and get the name for you. :)
I've heard about disk warrior. The Apple Genius had the program on the harddrive he was working from so I would hope if he thought that was an option for me he would have mentioned it.

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
So I'm starting from scratch with my "new" MacBook but I have 3 devices to sync to it. How do I get my apps back to iTunes, bc there are apps I've purchased that aren't currently installed on my devices?

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
The problem with your hard drive is more than likely something that simple software will not be able to retrieve. There are a lot of programs for retrieving data but only work for accidental delete/reformats. When you have a hard drive fail the disk is going to have to be opened up and the platters taken out and read by an external machine, hence the reason it can be so expensive. The reason for this is because the hard drive just doesn't run anymore so its not like any software can automatically get the hard drive up and running to read something off of it. I hope that makes sense.

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
The problem with your hard drive is more than likely something that simple software will not be able to retrieve. There are a lot of programs for retrieving data but only work for accidental delete/reformats. When you have a hard drive fail the disk is going to have to be opened up and the platters taken out and read by an external machine, hence the reason it can be so expensive. The reason for this is because the hard drive just doesn't run anymore so its not like any software can automatically get the hard drive up and running to read something off of it. I hope that makes sense.
I understand. Just trying to avoid the inevitable. *sigh*

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
It took my dad over 24 hours to get my data. Not a few minutes. Seriously I lost everything. Both drives failed and I got it all back.